classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Rooms For The Show

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This is just a reminder that anyone looking for a room for the show should sign up.  Three of the ten rooms that I have reserved have been spoken for, and as of Aug 16th the remaining rooms will be released.  So, if you want a room at the reduced rate then follow the instructions shown here.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Rooms For The Show

1986F150Six
Administrator
Always the planner!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Last weekend I went to the FORDification show in SW MO.  The plan was just to network and pass out the fliers, and it worked as I talked to a lot of people who said they will be at the show.  But, they twisted my arm and I entered Big Blue - and won Best 4X4.  

I also spent quite a bit of time there talking to a couple that used to run a show held in Branson.  It finally grew so big that it was consuming all of their available time.  So they handed it off to someone else and it has continued to grow.

I sure don't want to spend all of my time that way.  But, today I spent time emailing with the hotel, Totally Stainless, and Scotty (The Mad Porter).  The last two are ones I'm talking to about buying something, but Totally Stainless has already said they'll send something.  And Saturday I'm taking the 460 heads to Eric Weingartner for freshening up, but while there I'll tell him about the show and leave fliers.  From there I'll go to 4WD Parts, give them a flier, and remind them of their promise of freebies.

So, it is taking a lot of planning.  And follow-up.  And networking.  I guess we will see how it turns out - 3 months from tomorrow.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Time flies when you are having fun!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
A co-worker used to say: One frog said to the other "Time's fun when you are having flies."