Replacement Tank Selector Valve Kit FV5K 1986 F250 7.5L

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Replacement Tank Selector Valve Kit FV5K 1986 F250 7.5L

Rodknock
I am in the process of swapping out the original and unobtainable tank selector valve with one of these StandardBrand universal ones. The new one has hose barbs instead of quick-connects and a different 6 pin connector - wonder if anyone has done this and if the pin connectors are the same? I can figure out the hoses easily enough. It comes with a new switch diagram and another diagram for use with an oem switch. Unfortunately the original pin connector is not shown as a row and the wires are numbered 1-5. The new pin connector has letters A-F, F being blank.

new valve/old switchold valve/old switchnew valve /new switch
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Replacement Tank Selector Valve Kit FV5K 1986 F250 7.5L

86FoMoCo
I found your post after making a post on the same topic. I feel like we may end up being trail blazers on this since I don’t see a reply on your post. What I found on my 86 F150 is that the tank selector switch is just On/Off for the selector valve. The new Standard selector valve shows that it needs the power and ground reversed to switch. I’m thinking this can be accomplished by using the original selector switch to turn on and off a DTDP relay which is wired up like switch that comes with the valve.

What have you figured out on yours?
Royce
86 F150 4x4 Extended Cab
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Replacement Tank Selector Valve Kit FV5K 1986 F250 7.5L

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Unfortunately Rodknock purchased a valve intended for Chevy's with a single external pump.
What he needed to buy was the much more expensive FV 11 which will switch power, sender, supply and return for two separate tank modules in a Ford Hot Fuel Handling system.

What engine option do you have in your '86 150 Royce?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.