Red dash pad - NOS

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Red dash pad - NOS

66gtk
As advertised, this is NOS and that looks really clean and was stored properly.  Color is strong/no fading, etc.  Nearly the same price as a new reproduction so why not?
'83 F150 XL Shortbox California
302 (EEC-III), AOD, 3.55 - stock original drivetrain
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Door panels are for slide lock type, 1980 early 1981 only... red would therefor be the 1980-1983 color.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I have a feeling the dash pad and door panels originated from the same source. On the bottom of the dash pad you will see: E1TB & E0TB.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
The dash pad has been SOLD.
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
Something smells funny.

The dash pad looks like it was painted.  I have (had) three of these dash pads in my possession, and none of them had colored clips underneath.  The original Ford dash pads wrapped colored vinyl over the (black) dash pad shell, so there shouldn't be any red paint there at all.  If you look closely on the underside of the speaker grille area, you can see red paint in the holes.  Originally, the holes were punched out last, and you could see the foam color showing through the holes from the top and the bottom.

The dash pad still looks great, though.  I just don't think it was a NOS (New Old Stock) piece.

The door panels are sealed in plastic bags, but are they really FORD pieces?  Yes, he has Ford boxes, but those door panels were originally molded in color.  So why are they black on the back?  It looks like they might have been painted too.
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
I hadn't ever looked at these until now (red isn't my interior) but just did and I agree.
Neither of them look like nos.
The dash is nice enough that once installed no one might know but still feel for the buyer at that price.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio