13 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Radio Tach

BeagleRock
Hey gang looking to purchase an am/fm cassette and a tachometer for 83 F-150
 Thanks Randy
Beaglerock/83f150 351W C6 Transmission 2 wheel drive.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Radio Tach

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
Thank you sir! Man they're proud of their radios in Canada, working or not! I missed out on a great one last week because apparently "The time left on auction" isn't the same as what my tablet said. In other words the auction expired when to my knowledge I still had 12 seconds left .Boy was I mad and still am as I've been looking for a working one since December!
 As for the tach I saw that one and he won't budge on the price and I've seen the entire dash instrument cluster with tach for about $30 more. I may wait and go that route unless someone on here is parting out one or just happens to stumble across one for less than $40
 Thanks Randy
Reply | Threaded
|

Dyn Blin
In reply to this post by BeagleRock
Are you seeking a tach for a 6 or 8 cylinder?

I don't have either on hand, but will keep an eye out the next time I venture to the pick and pull.
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Mark, other than Diesels the tachs are the same there is a wire that is grounded for 8 cyl, left unconnected for 6 cyl.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock
In reply to this post by Dyn Blin
V8 351W Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
BeagleRock wrote
As for the tach I saw that one and he won't budge on the price and I've seen the entire dash instrument cluster with tach for about $30 more.
Keep in mind you need more than just the tach, you will also need the printed circuit for the back of the cluster, so it may make more sense to buy a whole cluster. This is what I did last fall for my 84 F150. So, what I did instead was swap my km speedometer into the "new" cluster with the tach. I figured the extra gauges would be handy to have as spares if nothing else. I think I paid $75 for the complete cluster, plus shipping...so it wasn't cheap in the end.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
I have junkyard tachometers, circuit films and whole clusters. As mentioned, the 6,000 rpm gas engine models will work with either 6 or 8 cyl trucks. The difference is in the truck’s harness and which pins get grounded. I have an extra radio but not a cassette model, sorry.  The few that I’ve run across in the junkyards did not look promising as far as being functional. OEM stereos, radio bezels and steering wheels are usually the first things to go in the junkyard so you have to be the lucky guy that finds it as soon as it’s put out.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock

As far a plain radio, I have that,i just wanted to listen to a ton of tapes I've made in the past since getting the truck road read.
Everything on the truck works now,All lights etc. I just wanted an oem tachometer to make it look like the XLT it is. What I failed to mention was that I went from EEC III to an HEI distributor that has a one wire hookup for the tach  so I was thinking I could hard wire it in with the factory tach. Maybe, maybe not, I'm not sure.
Anyway if you have a printed circuit pad for whole cluster including the tach hookup that would be great. Also if you know the pinout on the tach only I think I could make it work,so the question of the day is how much $   I'm in Oklahoma
Thanks Randy

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 Ford F834 [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have junkyard tachometers, circuit films and whole clusters. As mentioned, the 6,000 rpm gas engine models will work with either 6 or 8 cyl trucks. The difference is in the truck’s harness and which pins get grounded. I have an extra radio but not a cassette model, sorry.  The few that I’ve run across in the junkyards did not look promising as far as being functional. OEM stereos, radio bezels and steering wheels are usually the first things to go in the junkyard so you have to be the lucky guy that finds it as soon as it’s put out.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 SRW under construction-- 7.3 IDIT R&D 64mm intercooled turbo 150cc IP stage 1 cam main girdle 13" Southbend clutch ZF-5 + DNE2 overdrive 4.10 axle gears hydroboost brakes

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4 conversion-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Radio-Tach-tp8592p8607.html
To unsubscribe from Radio Tach, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
If you can wait, Ford F834 will be at the GTG in September.
Reply | Threaded
|

BeagleRock

I can't wait that long. I want it for summer! Thanks

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Wednesday, March 21, 2018 1986F150Six [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

If you can wait, Ford F834 will be at the GTG in September.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Radio-Tach-tp8592p8610.html
To unsubscribe from Radio Tach, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
I sent you an email with details.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by Rembrant
I added my tach without changing the printed circuit.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco