RABS issue

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RABS issue

Leelund6
Well she's been running for about two months and all of a sudden the antilock light comes on. Can't seem to find much about it. Hoping some one here can enlighten me. Read something about pulling a code from the harness. Any body got some info to throw me. Thanks in advance.. lookin for a bone.
Rescued 87 F-250. Bought her to put a camper on cause my 03 only had a 6.5' bed. yea, that's gonna work!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: RABS issue

old55pete
Dont get me wrong, what are we talking about? A bullnose ( 80-86) does not have ABS. Is the BRAKE light on, on the dash? If it is, it could be a stuck switch on the parking brake. It could be the proporting valve stuck in one side or the other because of a brake problem, meaning something is out of balance in the brake system.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
This post was updated on .
OP is working with an 87

Never too late to add a signature
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Leelund6
First, the parts store code readers will not work on these older trucks. Second you have to leave the key on once the light comes on as the system does not store codes. The only way I can get these for you is by doing a screenshot of my AllData. Here are the code retrieval procedures, once you get the codes I can give you the diagnostic tests for them. Before you get deeply involved, try pulling the sensor on the rear axle and see if it has a bunch of steel filings stuck to the magnet.

Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Leelund6
In reply to this post by old55pete
Oh yea, my bad for sure. She's an 87 f-250. Got her for free out of a field where she sat for over 12 years.

Ok, I'll check for filings first thing in the AM and go from there. I'll let ya know what I find.
Rescued 87 F-250. Bought her to put a camper on cause my 03 only had a 6.5' bed. yea, that's gonna work!
Reply | Threaded
|

Leelund6
This post was updated on .
Well I checked the pick up on the rear end. No metal at all. Now for the fun part!

Pulled codes and got, "open isolate circuit". Guess I'll look into that now.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Ok, here are the next tests based on the code you retrieved:

Have fun! Good luck with it. I don't know where you are, but here in VA, the ABS yellow light on won't fail inspection.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413