classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
32 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Putting out an offer

Pebcak
To everyone that will be at the Truck Show,

If anyone wants to go to Row 52 and look at the pick n pulls in the Dallas, Ft. Worth and Grapevine areas.  If there is anything that people are looking for I can look around on the next few visits before September.

I'll do my best to accommodate any requests.  If it's an engine or a full bed I won't be able to manage that.  Anything else I think I can handle.

Let me know here or on Row52.com to the username: DATurner2nd

I can work out the details of payment when the time comes.
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Putting out an offer

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  That's quite an offer.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I would love an OEM exhaust manifold for the 300 engine from a F600. This is referred to as the Heavy Duty exhaust manifold. The exhaust exits straight down [not rearward at an angle] and the opening is 2 1/2".
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator

For illustrative purposes...

Also note there are two versions. One with 3 bolts attaching it to the intake like the light duty manifold, and one with 4 bolts joining the manifold and exhaust. If it is the 4 bolt version then the matching intake is needed or else it cannot be used. I’ve been trying to find this part for David for a couple of years and no luck...
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Thanks, Jonathan!
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by Ford F834
You guys are starting to understand me!   

I'm heading to the Pick N Pulls at 7 AM tomorrow so I'll keep an eye out for this. I'll see if I can match the pictures..

I'm assuming but I want to clarify, am I looking for the 3 bolt version correct?
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
First of all thanks for helping with the search. Reproductions are available but are known to have issues with cracking 😬 and they are not exactly inexpensive.

First issue is to recognize a HD from an ordinary 300 manifold. The regular one exits at about a 45* rear angle, has a heat flapper, and the head pipe mounts on 2 studs. It looks like this:

The HD manifold exits almost straight down. It has no heat flapper, and the head pipe mounts with a 3 bolt flange (not to be confused with the number of bolts that join the intake and exhaust manifolds). This is what David wants and it looks like this:

The 3 vs. 4 bolt problem is with the intake to exhaust mating. If you find one with 3 bolts, David can use his existing intake manifold. If it is the odd 4 bolt variety, then he will need BOTH manifolds. Here is a picture of the joint I am talking about. This is a 3 bolt HD:

Clear as mud? Hopefully the pictures will help. The candidates will be late 60’s through 70’s F600/F700, but I always check all 300 straight six trucks just in case someone swapped one in.
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Jonathan,

I just now found that you had answered this [so very well!!!] for me. Thank you!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Maybe a good example of not getting notified because the answer wasn't to your post?    Nabble doesn't work like many other forums.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
I've been looking but nothing yet.  So far most of them have been stripped down to almost nothing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by Pebcak
  LAST CHANCE for items!!  

I'm heading out this Sunday in the AM to browse the Pick N Pulls here in the DFW area.  

Anything specific that people are looking for let me know and I'll see what's out there.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The plastic A-pillar trim would be a help for me.  And good rear plastic trim as well since it frequently is dead from all the UV.  But, in Tejas you get more UV than we do, so.....

And the horn cruise pad on Big Blue recently fell apart.  It is the burled wood that is 85/86 specific, but black or Rosewood would do.

Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I see what I can find while I'm there.

I also sent you an email with a question too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Got the email and responded.  My request was poorly worded.  I meant the trim in the rear of the cab, like where the seat belts come through.

Thanks!

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
1981 F350 4x4

1) Driver's side seat belt retractor, the spring-loaded device behind the plastic cover:

2) Driver's side aluminum wheel well arch trim, this is the other side so you can discern which type I have (that rhombus-shaped stuff):

3) I'm going to my local JY this morning and am hoping to pick up a steelie rim, 16 x 7 with 8 lug holes, I think they're something like a 6" spacing but I need one for a spare tire:
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris - I probably have the wheelwell trim.

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Gary Lewis wrote
Chris - I probably have the wheelwell trim.
Cool, we'll look for it when I get there, I suspect it's in the attic.

Bought a rim and had the spare tire mounted today, so at least I'm OK in that regard. :)

Found a 1983 F150 in the JY but the seat belt wasn't in any better shape than what I've already got, so I left it.

I'm bringing some license plates, too.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by ctubutis
I'm going to look for whatever is listed.  So going in the morning.  Just out and about today with the Mrs.

I'll post what I've been able to find tomorrow. 

On Sat, Sep 8, 2018, 08:46 ctubutis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
1981 F350 4x4

1) Driver's side seat belt retractor, the spring-loaded device behind the plastic cover:

2) Driver's side aluminum wheel well arch trim, this is the other side so you can discern which type I have (that rhombus-shaped stuff):

3) I'm going to my local JY this morning and am hoping to pick up a steelie rim, 16 x 7 with 8 lug holes, I think they're something like a 6" spacing but I need one for a spare tire:

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Putting-out-an-offer-tp8668p14330.html
To unsubscribe from Putting out an offer, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
First stop wasn't good.  Picked clean...

Have to wait until 10 to hit the next location.  Then a couple more as I work my way back home.

I'll update more as I go.

Anyone wants to come in, hit me up here.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow, that one's gone!  But thanks for trying.