classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Promote The Website! (And the forum?)

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As you know, the website and forum are a labor of love for me, and there's no income.  So, I don't make money when we get more traffic.  However, I do get a kick out of it - and it helps others to know where there is good documentation.

So, I track how many page views the website, not just the forum, gets each day.  And, as shown below, we've been averaging about 225 page views each day - until the FORDification show on the 9th.  That day the owner of the F100's Facebook page shared the site with his members and the views went to 450, but then settled back down to about 250/day.  So, apparently those folks started using the site a bit.

Then yesterday at about 6:00 PM I shared on three Facebook pages (F100, Bullnose, & Dents & Bumps) the fact that I'd added the dealer facts books and brochures to the 1982 and '83 pages.  And the views for yesterday went to 937.  In addition, the views for today as of 9:00 AM are at 262, which is higher than a day's average a week ago.

I say all of that to encourage you to share the website on forums and Facebook groups you might be on.  And, share the info about the upcoming show as well, which I've done on those three Facebook pages.  Let's help even more people.  

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Promote The Website! (And the forum?)

85lebaront2
Administrator
I have been regularly referring people in the Ford truck groups on FB to your site, usually to the EVTM information.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Promote The Website! (And the forum?)

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good plan.  I've referred people on the FB groups to info on the EVTM's, air cleaners, interior, and many other things.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI