Primer can with fan tip spray nozzle?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Primer can with fan tip spray nozzle?

Powerman5K

So I've started bodywork on Shep. I was surprised that it took a can and a half of primer rattle can to prime my new front fender. Part of the problem is that the Rustoleum doesn't come with a "fan tip" nozzle. Is has an old school round spray that covers about an inch and a half diameter circle. This makes even coverage very difficult and time consuming. Not to mention I go through a lot of product fast. Does anyone know of a good auto primer in a rattle can with a fan tip? I'm trying to avoid having to buy a gallon and mixing/spraying/cleaning my gun everything I need some primer!
1980 F100 Custom. Inline 6. Power steering. 3 on the Column.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Primer can with fan tip spray nozzle?

Gsmblue
Duplicolor primer is good, sprays well.

Touch up direct was ok.

The 2k epoxy stuff on amazon laid up really good.

But, pick a product line and stick with it.
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Powerman5K
Way back in the day, art supply stores used to sell wide fan (and other types of) nozzles for graffiti.
They are still available today.

Edit: these are listed as fitting Rust-Oleum cans and say they have a 4" fan pattern.
Yes, $1.40 each for 10, but available through Amazon.  https://a.co/d/07GiayT
They have other listings for 25, 50, 100 caps but I don't know how often you get clogs.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

AuroraGirl
In reply to this post by Powerman5K
ive seen the rustoleum rusty metal primer sold in the fan nozzle you seek. Infact, I own one. its almost empty.   But the cans with the fan tip are different than the extended normal cans even, the fan tips dont like normal cans.    

But I would not recommend that anyway!!!

Have you ever used rusty metal primer from rustoleum?   Use a roller, for like cabinets. Your fine and smooth panel will take it beautifully.  Then if you desire, spray the paint on.    But I recommend doing that with a roller maybe too and then doing a final spray coat.  If you go cheap on paint, go expensiver on the clear coat. Rustoleum clears are.. eh