Powdercoating

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Powdercoating

JMUBullnose
Hi all - as I stare forlornly at the valve covers and other parts I pulled from the junkyard earlier this year - I'm wondering if most you guys ship your parts out for powder coating or go to local shops?

The contact I had locally to do powder coating (and let me help!) decided to pack up shop.
1984 F-150, 302 CID (5.0 L) Windsor V8, 2 BBL carb, power windows added, remote entry added. AC. Automatic Transmission.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Powdercoating

Rembrant
JMUBullnose wrote
Hi all - as I stare forlornly at the valve covers and other parts I pulled from the junkyard earlier this year - I'm wondering if most you guys ship your parts out for powder coating or go to local shops?
I've only ever had it done locally, but then again I have lots of options. There are 2-3 commercial powder coating shops in the industrial park where I work, and then I know of a few other back yard guys that do it also.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Gary Lewis has been generous in assisting a few who have attended the OK GTGs in the past. He is quite knowledgeable about the subject. He has a spray booth and designated oven.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Yes, he has a lower and upper plenum set and water outlet for a 460 along with the valve covers and the valve cover for my Turbo-II Chrysler 2.2L engine. I also sent some convertible top hardware and a bag of Eastwood satin finish chrome powder as they are right where the sun can hit them with the top down. Once I get a chance to get all the top hardware from 2 tops together I will sen him the hooks and pins to do.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413