Plastic canopy moulding

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plastic canopy moulding

Cinamon
If anyone know of where I could find the plastic moulding that fits on the inside of the canopy when it’s on my 81 Bronco that would be helpful.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Plastic canopy moulding

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Anna - Thanks.  We will get help from the others to ID the part so we can find the part number.  Perhaps they are still available as NOS.  Or, maybe someone has one.

I've created a new page (Interior/Interior Trim) that has the illustrations for things in the interior of these trucks and soon will have the part numbers.  But I've included the illustration here that I think shows that piece for two reasons.  First, it makes it easier for everyone to see rather than having to follow a link.

Second, because it gives me an opportunity to play with the code to show it as big as possible on everyone's screen.  The original code looked like this but with arrows on each end:

"nabble_img src="Roof_and_Garnish_Moulding_Illustration.jpg" border="0"/"

And I added " width="100%"" to make it:

"nabble_img src="Roof_and_Garnish_Moulding_Illustration.jpg" border="0" width="100%"/"

So, Anna, if you were to edit your post and put " width="100%"" to your picture's code then we could see it much more easily.

And, if you think you know which of the pieces it is below, then let me know and I'll get the whole of the part number and maybe we can find it.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
It s piece 29004 in the diagram, I searched everywhere for the same pieces and found them at a local scrap yard.

Let me know if you need me to take pics of them and any printed numbers on them.
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Cinamon
Thanks for the part number, I wasn’t sure exactly from the diagram, I’ve called every scrap yard I know of and no one even has anything remotely close to the part I need . 
I’d love to see pics of yours if you found them. Any ideas where I might find one ? I really only need the passenger side moulding piece as in the pic, but would buy matching pieces if I found them all..
There aren’t a lot of old broncos around that aren’t really beat up anymore around here so it’s really hard to find . 
Thanks 

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 3, 2018, at 12:26 PM, Gsmblue [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

It s piece 29004 in the diagram, I searched everywhere for the same pieces and found them at a local scrap yard.

Let me know if you need me to take pics of them and any printed numbers on them.
1985 F150 XL Explorer 5.0 EFI 4AOD 4x4 standard cab.
Daily Driver. I call her Eunice.
To do:  Rear fuel tank pump, replace door hinges, Front and rear windows need replacing, blue top steering box, front dampers, Interior panels to be painted, new carpet, seats to be recovered, some exterior paint work

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351 C6 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project page for details.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Plastic-canopy-moulding-tp11613p11617.html
To unsubscribe from Plastic canopy moulding, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Anna - The illustrations only show the base part number, to which you need to add a prefix and a suffix.

Let's assume that you want the one without the storage compartment.  The right hand part number is E0TZ 9829004-A and the left hand one is E0TZ 9829005-A.  The prefix, E0TZ breaks down as:

E: the decade of 1980
0: take the decade of 1980 and add 0, meaning the part was engineered in the year of 1980
T: Truck
Z: I believe that is "replacement part", but I'm not sure.

Anyway, you can use those part numbers to search to see if you can find one.  I've done a bit of searching but have not found one, but perhaps you'll have better luck.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
In reply to this post by Cinamon
Anna, contact me. I removed my top and it gave it away :)  It's not going back on. I have a lot of trim I was going to list on ebay.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
Pics:

Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Canopy moulding

Cinamon
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Canopy moulding

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Anna - You started another thread with this post, but I moved it into your original thread.

And to email Pete just click on PetesPonies in his avatar, then click on Send Email To PetesPonies.  You don't need to know his email address.

Reply | Threaded
|

Cinamon
In reply to this post by Gsmblue
Thanks for the pics. And the serial numbers. 😊
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
The serial number in my pic is EOTB9820004 it is hard to read the low res image. I am not sure what the “B” means!

"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
The "serial numbers" are actually ID or engineering numbers according to Ford.  (For some bizarre reason Ford didn't stamp/emboss the true part number on a part.)  Sometimes the ID/engineering number is shown in the catalog but, as in this case, usually not.