Pebcak's Beast

Posted by Pebcak Pebcak
Options
This is "The Beast" that I got for a steal!  This was a project truck for someone and nothing was ever done.  Since The Mrs and I are reallllly good friends with his daughter, he sold it to me for $1,400!  The first four images are the day I picked it up.  Then I proceeded to drive it 2.5 hours home rolling home doing 75 mph!  Great Day!

It's a 1986 Ford F150 XLT Lariat.  Rear Wheel drive but I can't complain...

The Beast Right

The Beast Left

Day 1 Interior

Day 1 Dash

Parked and ready.
Parked and ready.

Door Sticker
Door Sticker

Towing an Evo
Towing an Evo

After someone pulling in front of me.
After someone pulling in front of me.

Getting started on replacement
Getting started on replacement

Love Pick N Pulls!  $20 worth of parts!
Love Pick N Pulls!  $20 worth of parts!

Replacement Dash 1
Replacement Dash 1

Replacement Dash 2
Replacement Dash 2

Replacement Dash 3
Replacement Dash 3

LED Lighting Interior
LED Lighting Interior

LED Lighting Interior 2
LED Lighting Interior 2

Sound/Heat shield installation
Sound/Heat shield installation

Sound/Heat shield installation 2
Sound/Heat shield installation 2

Sound/Heat shield installation 3
Sound/Heat shield installation 3

Sound/Heat shield installation 4
Sound/Heat shield installation 4

Door Refurb
Sanded, Painted and Clear coated the door panels.  Replacement carpet from Pick N Pull door.

Broken Defrost Door

Drilled holes and inserted Tie Wraps.

Holes on each side and Tie Wraps pulled through.

Pulled "snug" and waiting for adjustment.

Here's the video of the finished project.
Video

Speaker and Amp Installations

What I used for the installations

Door and Speaker

Amp and Wiring

Fixed Heads

Plugs

Plug up close

Old Intake

Fathers Day 2019

8 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
Gary Lewis Gary Lewis
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Pebcak's Beast

I like it!  Tell us more about it?  I can't quite tell if it says F150 or what.  (If you add width="100%" to the code of your pic and it'll be full-width on any screen.)
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Pebcak Pebcak
Reply | Threaded
|

I tried to go back in and edit the post but I can't do it for some reason.

To answer your question.

I was able to pick up my 1986 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat from a friend's father. It's setup with a 351W with all the emissions ripped out.  

He had it with hopes of restoring it and never got around to it.  It was mainly used as a farm truck to putter around and go to town to get grain/supplies.  Everything worked at the time when I picked it up.  All original. Not bad for only $1,300 cash!!  Paid and drove it 2.5 hours doing 75 mph the whole way with NO issues at all.

Since getting it I swapped the Holley for a Edelbrock and done upgrades here and there.  Most of what I've done is on the "other site" and I've still got more to do.

Right now I'm in the middle of taking out the whole dash to get to the Heat/Air ducts to fix/replace the Defrost to Vent door.  It's broken and I'd reallllly like to have Defrost this year for the windshield during the "cool" months here in TX.  After fixing that I'm going to complete my stock/hidden amp upgrade, new lighting in the dash, dash pad repair and maybe add a sub woofer to the truck.

My main issue is finding the time with all that I have going on.  I can't get a full weekend to tear it all down ad really get into it. I wish I could find someone in "the group" that lives closer to me to assist because I'm a weekend mechanic.  I'm learning as I go and have to read and research everything I do.

Ok..  Enough rambling about me.  Anyone has any other questions please ask!
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Gary Lewis Gary Lewis
Reply | Threaded
|

Good explanation.  Thanks.

Yes, defrost is good to have.  And those doors are buried, deeply.  Good luck!

What were your observations when going from the Holley to the Edelbrock, and which Eddy?  I ask because Jim has just done that on his 460 and his engine is down on power.

As for editing, you should be able to click on More/Edit Post and it will pop open that post.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

grumpin grumpin
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Pebcak
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Pebcak Pebcak
Reply | Threaded
|

Dash work starting.

1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Dyn Blin Dyn Blin
Reply | Threaded
|

Nice work!  I'm looking forward to following your dash-top restoration.

What product did you use for the sound & heat insulation?
Sonoma County,CA
1982 F150 Flareside XLS
NP435 4x4
351W Motorcraft 2150

Pebcak Pebcak
Reply | Threaded
|

I tried an experiment and it looks/sounds like it's worked so far.   See HERE

When I compared most of the stats from this to the Dyno matting it's really similar that I could see.

I would say to do your own research first.

Pebcak Pebcak
Reply | Threaded
|

Exhaust Manifolds before the 351 Upgrade