classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Parts from LMC truck

W.J.Elverding
Hello everybody,

I'm a new member, so let's start with a introduction.
Since Since a couple months I'm a proud owner of a Ford F150 Flareside truck. And I live in the Netherlands.

Now I am in the restoration phase and I found the LMC website to order the components.
I started the ordering process, but there are two issues. And LMC is not really willing to help.
So that is the reason to reach out to you.

Due to the sizes of the goods, they cannot ship the goods directly to the Netherlands. And international shipping the shippingscosts are also very high. But besides the high shipping costs, I think it is strange.
So my question is if somebody within this forum, has expierience with this. I understand that most members live in America. But I hope you can advise me.
Is there a cheaper other way to ship? Do you know an organziation where I can ship the goods to in America, and that they ship the goods to the Netherlands?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Parts from LMC truck

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!  

Gary will ask you for your postal code in order to add you to the membership map.

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/members-map.html

Perhaps you might find an answer to your dilemma from one of them?
I can't offer much advice on oversize shipping to Europe, but we do have a Dutch member,-Andre- plus a few in Germany and Scandinavia.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by W.J.Elverding
Greetings W.J.

I am in a similar situation living in Canada. Shipping costs from the US are also very expensive for me. Although LMC will ship to Canada, I have found that many vendors in the US refuse to ship internationally, at any cost. There are a couple reasons for this, but as outsiders there's not much that we can do about it.

Shipping costs within the US are very inexpensive compared to shipping just outside the US border. Adding a trip across the Atlantic just makes it worse.

A big deal right now is that due to Covid-19, thousands of flights have been cancelled, international shipping has become much more expensive. Through my work, we buy a lot of equipment from Europe and Asia, and the freight costs that we are quoted are sometimes only good for 24 hrs, where prior to Covid they were good for 30 days.

I can't offer much help, but my suggestion would be to locate a Dutch broker that can receive items in the USA for you, and then transport to Europe. In Canada we have a lot of these companies...but I don't use them very often unless there is a savings in the international shipping.

What items are you trying to order exactly? Are they large/over-sized?
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
How about something like this?

https://www.shipito.com/en/buy-from-US-ship-to-Netherlands

https://www.parcelmonkey.com/destinations/europe/netherlands

https://www.myus.com/where-we-ship/netherlands/

I know in Canada a lot of people use a service called Kinek, which gives you a USA shipping address to ship to, and then they handle the transfer into Canada. I sometimes use a similar service, but not very often.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by W.J.Elverding
Welcome, WJ!  Sure glad you joined!  

Jim is right, if you go to our map you'll see that Andre is in Amsterdam.  You can click on his "pin" on the map and it'll bring up a link you can use to email him via the forum.  I know he's had a lot of things for his Bronco shipped there, so should be able to help you.

He's headed to Spain for the winter soon, but you might be able to catch him if you email now.  And he just posted pics of his Bronco this morning in the picture gallery, including this one:

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

W.J.Elverding
Many thanks!  I have send an email to Andre.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Jochen is just across the border in Germany too.

Though, I don't know where in the Netherlands WJ resides.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

W.J.Elverding
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Hello Rembrant, Many thanks for yout help. I will check it out.
I need a lot of parts. 103 different items. But I see that the window, tank and dashcover are the oversized parts.
Reply | Threaded
|

W.J.Elverding
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Hello ArdWrknTrk,

I live in Soest. This is small city nearby Amsterdam. Germany is close by.
Many thanks for your reply!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map, EJ.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

W.J.Elverding

Thanks! 

Op vr 6 nov. 2020 om 14:58 schreef Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <[hidden email]>
You are now on the map, EJ.  

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Parts-from-LMC-truck-tp78614p78637.html
To unsubscribe from Parts from LMC truck, click here.
NAML
--
Met vriendelijke groet,

W.J.Elverding
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
By the way, I love your country.  When we lived in London we spent a bank holiday there, which turned out to be the Queen's birthday so it was BUSY!

But we did get to enjoy many things there, including seeing the cheese markets, the canals, and the tulips.  Loved it!

Reply | Threaded
|

W.J.Elverding
Hello Gary, Well you picked the busiest day to visit the Netherlands. ;-) But thank you, and always welcome!

Op vr 6 nov. 2020 om 15:06 schreef Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts Forum] <[hidden email]>:
By the way, I love your country.  When we lived in London we spent a bank holiday there, which turned out to be the Queen's birthday so it was BUSY!

But we did get to enjoy many things there, including seeing the cheese markets, the canals, and the tulips.  Loved it!

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Parts-from-LMC-truck-tp78614p78639.html
To unsubscribe from Parts from LMC truck, click here.
NAML

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

W.J.Elverding
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold