classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

One Month From Today - BE THERE!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Just a reminder, the show/swap meet is 1 month from today - Sept 15th.  

And, things are coming together.  I'm ordering the t-shirts tonight, and I picked up the trophies today.  Unfortunately they misspelled garagemahal, so they'll have to send the replacement pieces to me via the mail, but that shouldn't be too big of a job to replace them.

And, for categories I stayed with the ones we had last year since I have 140 ballots left and if we changed categories I'd have to print more ballots.  But, here's what they look like, although the last line will be "garysgaragemahal.com":

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: One Month From Today - BE THERE!

Pebcak
Looks great Gary!

I can't wait to come up and see y'all.  Even if I don't get the time to finish my "To Do List" on the truck.
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've long-ago given up on my list.  We have live-in grandtwins, and we are enjoying them very much, but it doesn't leave much time for trucking.  However, there will be time for that after they go back home.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

NotEnoughTrucks
Unfortunately, my to do list includes renewing my passport.

Still on the road chasing hailstorms, but it's starting to wind up and had I been on the ball a little earlier this summer, I likely could have made it, but now it's a long wait for new documents.

So anyways, hope everyone enjoys the show!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ray - Wish you could have made it, but there's always next year.  Surely you can get your passport renewed by then?  

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
I officially scheduled the surrounding Fri & Mon off work, so  I can leave on Monday morning if that's OK with you guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Works for us.  So you'll leave CO on Friday morn?

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Yes, sir.

I'm up at 4:00 - 4:30 every weekday to be at work by 6 so am used to getting up & leaving home early but we'll see what happens, I remember having slept in one time and didn't leave Denver until 7:00-ish and didn't get there 'til ~9 at night, I don't want to do it that way again but sometimes the notion of sleep is just toooo overwhelming. ;)
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Which makes bedtime right about now, which is kinda distressing since it's still kinda light & warm outside.

BTW the morning news that's on at o'dark:30 is already talking about fog out on the eastern plains. Summer is closing fast....
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ctubutis
That's the night that we are hosting quite a few from the forum for dinner, including Darin/Oz Econoline & his Anita from Australia, Ken Blythen & his wife from New Zealand, David, Jonathan, Don/Pebcak & his wife Stacey from Texas, Jim/The Human Wrench from MO, Vinny from Canada, and several others whose names escape me.  (If I've missed you I'm sorry, but please let me know you are coming.) And, there's a 50/50 chance Ray Cecil will be there.

In addition, Cash Billups & his fiance Cassie hope to be there that night. Their wedding is the following Saturday and they may not make the show due to prep'ing for it, but hope to at least make the get-together on Friday night.

So, you might want to set an alarm clock.  

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Gary, has there been any discussion on a diagnostic session for the Bullnose era trucks. Thinking anyone in the area/state that would like us to look at their truck. Of course the truck would have to make it to Skiatook…

What do I need to bring to the cook-out ?

Chris, do you need any help working on your truck this weekend ?
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
There hasn't been any talk about a diagnostic session.  I'm going to guess that for the most part the trucks that will be there that night will be pretty well checked out. However, Jonathan has just put a new (to him) dizzy in his and the vacuum advance  was tuned for David's truck, so there could be some work done there.
 And if you get with Chris twixt now and then that may help his MPG getting here, so that's a very good idea.

But there might be some on Saturday that will want to talk with you, if not have you look at their truck.  So your services would certainly be appreciated.  

As for Friday evening, we are "catering" it.  Mac's BBQ is one of the best places in this part of the country, so once we have a handle on how many are coming we'll order enough meat for them and then nibble on the leftovers for the rest of the weekend.  But thanks for the offer.  

Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I have two alarm clocks for getting up at this hour, a primary and a backup since it's so easy to beat the primary into submission when it makes noise and go back to sleep.

I think I'm OK on the truck, it's about as ready as it's going to get but thanks for asking, Vinny. :)
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Eleven more days!