1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Nutmeg interior - upgrade

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, D3T is Nutmeg and it was used in '81 & 2.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
I have power locks and power windows. Do you know by chance if this panel could be modified to fit these? I dont see many new panels made to fit these options, do ppl just cut out holes? I think my power windows switch and bezel would cover the window crank hole and i could drill a hole in the panel for the locks???
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
and could i pull my chrome trim out to insert in in the groove??
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
I asked the seller in case they know. It looks beautiful!!
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by delco1946
delco1946 wrote
I have power locks and power windows.
The ideal situation would be to find NOS Nutmeg colored for power door locks and power windows, but you may have to go with the one NOS previously shown or find used ones of the incorrect color but with the power door locks and power windows and then paint to match.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-1986-Ford-Truck-Bronco-Door-Panel-Blue-Woodgrain-Chrome-Inserts-Pass-F-150/223180348463?hash=item33f695dc2f:g:C~QAAOSwKA5butZN

Or, possibly aftermarket?

https://coverlaymfg.com/i-23896567-coverlay-12-45ctf-dbr-replacement-door-panels.html

Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Ideally I’d find one meant for rosewood inserts but that’s probably like finding a needle in a hay stack. As far as power windows, it looks like it would look original and fit if I just squared out the window crank hole and carefully cut in the square hole for the locks?

I’m not against finding used ones either ( with rosewood! ) and painting them as long as there’s a decent chance of find ones that arnt uv rotted.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
If you end up painting interior parts, go with SEM paints.
Get the cleaner and pre-treater and paint.
You Must follow the direction to be successful.
My interior was a combo of red and blue pieces....

1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Thanks for looking out for nutmeg pieces still. I think that armrest might be tan(?) but either way I have decent armrests currently - it’s the panels i can’t find ( would love to find some with wood and all power options!). I havent pulled any trigger on that project yet  but seems like I might have to paint some nos panels when it happens.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
delco1946 wrote
 - it’s the panels i can’t find ( would love to find some with wood and all power options!). I havent pulled any trigger on that project yet  but seems like I might have to paint some nos panels when it happens.
You would have to paint these, but they do have woodgrain and power options.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-86-Ford-Pickup-Truck-Door-Panels-Set-Tan-Electric-F150-250-Bronco-Woodgrain/123833692207?hash=item1cd510302f:g:3FcAAOSwDSRdKPH-
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
This post was updated on .
Hit the jackpot yesterday, found 2 nutmeg interior trucks at the junkyard!! Unfortunately the a pillar pieces I found have a third screw hole 😭and don’t quite match up. The scrubbed up kick panels cleaned up well tho. And even made off with a pretty mint dash pad!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Congrat's!  Two in one go is quite unusual.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Nutmeg is my second favorite color interior on these trucks, and you really lucked out finding it in a junkyard. Black , Green, and Nutmeg seem to be really hard colors to find in the junkyard these days.
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
I actually saw a black interior today at the same yard. I’ve been thinking I need to start pulling these pieces to share/ sell. This stuff seems to go for crazy high prices online.
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
In reply to this post by 1986F150Six
With the interior trim pieces, ideally you would want to find OEM Ford ones that are in better shape than yours, and in the same color.  
These are plastic pieces that were molded in color.  When you get the same color, repainting is much cheaper and easier and any scratches you get later will still show the same color underneath.

Of course, that is the *ideal* situation.  These trucks are getting so old now that it is getting more and more difficult to find door panels in good shape.  And don't forget that Broncos also used the same interior and colors, and more of them had the nicer trim levels.  I have found that parts from a Bronco are typically in much better shape than those from a pickup truck.

Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
two of the trucks at my local JY actually had those in good condition. Unfortunately my truck has the more elaborate back paneling and it too is faded near the door/arm rest area. Not a terrible price, but maybe I should go pull those to sell for 60 bucks, too?! I'm in the wrong business.
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
https://www.npdlink.com/product/arm-rest-door-rh-nutmeg/131916?backurl=search%2Fproducts%3Fsearch_terms%3DF-24100-3%26top_parent%3D60000%26year%3D1980&year=1980

According to the NPD catalog given out at this past weekend's Garagemahal Truck Show [page #10], this is an original [not reproduction] and is for the passenger side.