Newish member

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Newish member

NostraDanus
Hello all, my name is Dan and my current bullnose (and hopefully I'll have it until I pass it on) is a 1986 Bronco XLT with 1995 F150 Lightning 5.8L. No lift, just close to original. I am a Master Engineering Technologist at Ford and currently have the pleasure of working on forthcoming projects like the next F150, Bronco, and Bronco Sport. I've been around a while and hopefully I can be of some use to another member that needs some technical help one of these days.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Newish member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Dan!  

Would you like to be on our map?  Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu.

Please tell us about what you do.  I'm sure you can't share information about upcoming vehicles, but maybe from what you tell us about your job we'll know what questions to ask.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by NostraDanus
Welcome Dan!  

How did you get your Bronco, and what brought you here?

We love pictures too... 😉
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Welcome aboard!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

Dee1986
Welcome Dan
Brian,
1986 f250 xlt lariat 4x4/ 460 4 speed
2016 super duty lifted
1949 Ford custom sedan, orig flathead eight
Reply | Threaded
|

NostraDanus
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Thanks, Gary. Yes, please add me to the map. As for my job, I work in chassis controls... this involves all electronic controls that are encompassed in the brake control module including ABS, electronic stability control, roll stability control, trailer sway control, and a whole bunch of other things that people like me don't think they really need. I run the garage the that is responsible for instrumenting and outfitting of test vehicles for development. We install pressure transducers, height sensors, fabricate outrigger assemblies (for anti-rollover testing,) weight holding equipment, and any other requested equipment to complete a task. I also perform limit handling testing to acquire data used for calibrating systems. The job is based out of the Dearborn Development Center test track in Michigan but involves travel for testing in all types of conditions including low mu testing in snow/ice in the upper peninsula of Michigan, hi mu winter testing at our Arizona proving ground, Silver Lake sand dunes, the Borrego desert, and several sensitivity locations like Tail of the Dragon and whatever else they think we need. You're correct about future product.. I will never engage in conversation about it. I am slow to respond due to the fact that I am one of the few on site full time responding to all requests so days are long.
Reply | Threaded
|

NostraDanus
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
My Bronco project started in 1998 when I was working at a Ford dealer near Detroit when I got word Ford would stop factory support for bullnose sheet metal. My first truck was a 1982 F-150 XLS flareside manual and my second was a 1984 Bronco. To me, bullnose Fords are the best looking trucks ever made, I was single and decided to make the Bronco I always wanted and went in search the truck I wanted to start with. I found this page while on a search for a factory part number and the Google stumbled upon one of the forums. I think my favorite thing so far is all of the flairsides I've seen in the truck show entries. I see them and think of my first truck
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I've come to nickname this the FOG, or Flareside Owners Group.

It's amazing how many of these trucks and their caretakers are here, on a percentage basis.
Perhaps they were less abused as work trucks, so more survived.

No idea what the production numbers were.
I suppose Marti could answer that.
But they are really popular among enthusiasts.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

NostraDanus
My first
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dan - You are now, quite literally, on the map.

So you did the testing on the trailer sway control for my 2015 F150, Blue.  I love that feature, amoung other things on the truck.  I can send my kids out with it towing a trailer and not have to spend days helping them understand what not to do.  Well done!

As for the Bronco and the Flareside, I really would like one of each.  But at my age I can't take on any more projects and had better just get what I've gotten started done.  Still, if I found the right one......  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI