Newbie to this site, want to intro myself!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Newbie to this site, want to intro myself!

Von1970ls5
Found you by accident looking for some parts for my truck, had no idea a site existed for my truck!

I live in South Florida and have had many old Ford trucks, while looking for my favorite which is a 1969 Camper Special I found the one I have now, a 1986 Ford F-250HD Camper Special/Trailer Special and I know this as I bought it from the original owners estate in Vancouver, Washington and have all the original paperwork and the window sticker!

I need a set of front inner plastic fenders, the one on my passenger side is cracked and I want to replace it so I will do both.  It seems Ford has discontinued these and there is no aftermarket support.  If anyone here can help I would appreciate it.

My truck has 91K original miles but I rebuilt the 460 myself anyway, installed a Cloyes timing chain so that I could put the cam "straight up" instead of retarded like the factory did, installed a Eddy intake eliminating the EGR and did some mild head work.  Painted it all old school Ford blue as I hate the gray and it looks amazing back in the truck.  With my new Holley 750 and the Ford Motorsport valve covers it really has a presence now when the hood is open!

I am not "brand blind" and have a lot of different makes, just love the older Ford trucks!

If anyone here knows how to help with my inner fender problem I would appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.  Dave
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Newbie to this site, want to intro myself!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dave - Welcome to the forum!  Glad to meet you.  

You said "south Florida", but we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to put you on it if I had a town.

As for the inner fenders, or fender aprons as Ford called them, I have some info on them here: Underhood/Fender Aprons.  But, until I finish Dad's truck and figure out which ones I want to use I'm not ready to part with the ones I have.  Hopefully someone else on here will have one - perhaps someone closer to you as shipping may be expensive for something that big.

Last, how 'bout starting a thread in the main section to not only show us your truck, which sounds like a very nice one, but to track what you do to it?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Von1970ls5
It might not be all that interesting to everyone here.  I want to make it look like an old school Camper Special so I painted the wheels in white Dupont Emron.  I am using the stock 7 inch wide wheels on the front but I had made 10" wheels for the back by Stockton wheels and I am using 4 3/4" backspace for those.  Am going to run the stock skinny hubcaps that I bought on Ebay on the front with trim rings from Wheels Vintiques and the big hubcaps that came with the truck on the rear to clear the floating axels on the Sterling rear.

Bought brand new Firestone tires for the front and rear in 265R16 for the front and 310R16 for the back to kill some of the factory 4:10 gear ratio as I will not really be towing anything of note and it will have a nice rake.

This will eventually be my daily driver as I work in my retirement job 10 minutes from my house so gas mileage be damned!  Truck has dual tanks so I am good for two to three weeks easily!

Dave
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You underestimate the guys here.  It is a truck, and a Bullnose one at that.  They'll be interested.  

Someone is still shooting Emron?  Back when I did some painting that was mainly used for aircraft.  Expensive and hard.

Rake?  You know what that is?  And retired?  You may be approaching my elevated age of almost 72.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Von1970ls5
I am in Miami, Miami Lakes specifically, and have been here since 1977 when I moved down to work at Eastern Air Lines.  Retired on the 747 as a Crewmember as I am over 65 and cannot fly anymore FAR121, just still working to pad my retirement in a FAA 145 Repair Station as I am also an A&P Mechanic and am in charge of Quality Control there.  Have owned quite a few old Ford trucks, my last being a 1967 Camper Special with the 352 but always loved the Bull Nosed design and found quite a nice one on Ebay 5 years ago and bought it.

Glad to be on board!  Dave
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And I'm glad you are on board as well.  Plus, you are on the map.  

Looks like your qualifications are extensive.  Cool!

No wonder you used Emron.  

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome and hello!
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Von1970ls5
Welcome to the group 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2