Newbie from Downunder

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Newbie from Downunder

Oz Econoline/F100
Hi Guys, My name is Darin and I’m from Sydney, Australia. I’m 50 years of age and when I left school I went into the collision body and paint industry but am now been employed in the plumbing industry (where I’ve been for the last 20+ years).

I’ve been an avid car/truck person all my life and I’m lucky enough to have a wife of almost 30 years that shares my passion and interest of cars/trucks as well.

I’ve got a few toys that I’ve collected over the years from Australian Falcons to American muscle (Mustangs) and because of holidaying in the United States over the last 4-5 years I have acquired a few other American toys and have found a new interest in your F100 Flareside and Econoline vans due to the fact that we did not get any of these vehicles in Australia.

My F100 Flareside finally arrived in Australia this week but that’s another story!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfR9iY5y94s
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Newbie from Downunder

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Darin!  Glad you found us.  

And, I'm glad your truck finally made it.  I'm looking forward to seeing the whole story on a thread on here.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

xlt351cOZ
In reply to this post by Oz Econoline/F100
Hey Darin,

Just read your post. Im a newbie too. On the Central Coast. You might already know, but a bloke at work gave me this idea if you need to purchase stuff from the USA

https://shopmate.auspost.com.au/

Chhers
Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
Thanks xlt351cOZ I will have to look into this site. As you are more than likely aware that a lot the US stores/ suppliers do not all ship Oz