New user

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New user

tomdidomenico3
happy to find you.  I have a 1981 Bronco that I have owned since 1985 and I am planning to upgrade it.  It is a California vehicle EECIII and 7200VV carb.  I no longer live in California and do not want to continue with the systems required in the state. Finding parts for this vehicle is also challenging.  I want to "keep it Simple". looking forward to discussions.
Tom D.  1981 Bronco mostly Stock.  351w, 4 speed overdrive manual transmission.  California emissions system EECIII.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New user

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Tom!  

Where have you moved to?
What do you plan to 'upgrade'?
Interior?
Exterior?
Ground clearance?
Power?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by tomdidomenico3
Welcome to our group. On replacing the EEC-III you might want to start a thread in one of the main forum areas. I will ask for a few pieces of information on your truck. Is the distributor "locked" in place, basically has a roll pin so it can't be turned, does it have the strange double rotor (two ends, one is 45° off from straight across), does it have a pickup coil in the distributor. These are things I need to know which parts it will take to change to a DS-II ignition, carb is easy, a Motorcraft 2150 is a drop on as are some Holley replacements.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Jim's question about where you are is so we can add you to our map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu).  We just need a city or zip.

And it'll help us help you if you'll create a signature that tells us about your truck.  There are instructions for that on the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

tomdidomenico3
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Hi Jim.  I am a resident of South Dakota for now.  Plan to settle in Topeka, Ks at some point.  My Bronco is an 81 that I have owned since 1985.  It is in great shape body wise.  It has been in the Cali. desert it's entire life. I want to clean up the drive train, replace the 4 speed overdrive transmission with a 5 speed and get rid of the california emission control system.  The interior needs some work but not bad.  This will be a slow process.
Tom D.  1981 Bronco mostly Stock.  351w, 4 speed overdrive manual transmission.  California emissions system EECIII.
Reply | Threaded
|

tomdidomenico3
In reply to this post by grumpin
Thank you Dane.  Semper Fi.  4 years  in the Corps.   1965-1969  Crewed 34s and 46s.  Viet Nam Dec 66- Jan 68.  I was there to watch the first 53s arrive in country.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Thank you Tom!
And thank you for your service!

I understand long term goals.
Have you made a decision to go to hydraulic clutch?
This means a pedal support that doesn't fit your truck, but it does open options, like the M5OD Mazda gearbox, with it's concentric slave cylinder.

You've owned your Bronco longer than I've owned my 250!
That's saying a lot in my book.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

tomdidomenico3
good point on the clutch.  I had thought about it and done a little research a few years ago.  
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Semper Fi from another Marine!
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
tomdidomenico3 wrote
Thank you Dane.  Semper Fi.  4 years  in the Corps.   1965-1969  Crewed 34s and 46s.  Viet Nam Dec 66- Jan 68.  I was there to watch the first 53s arrive in country.
Thanks for serving! Man, the ol’ ugly angels! I believe they called the 34’s that. I was later, 79-83. 53 A and D models. The E models were coming in as I got out. Semper Fi!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona