classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Alfie623
Hey there!  I’ve been a lurker for some time some and asked to register so I could share some info.  

I’m in the process of restoring/rebuilding an ‘83 Bronco that I purchased in ‘15.   This is my 3rd driveable Bronco, 5th overall and I’ve been around Ford trucks since ‘74 when my parents brought me home from the hospital in their new ‘74 Supercab.  

I’m an engineer by education so I’m pretty attentive to details.  I also love to learn and dissect so I’ve done quite a bit to learn about my ‘83 and how it was all put together.  

I’m sure some of you have seen my posts on FSB or Ford Trucks or on FB.  My current truck is getting a 5.8 swap from a CA 5.0 and along with it I’m swapping in a ZF5, a serpentine drive, a 3G alternator and Hydroboost.   Needless to say I’ve got a bunch of work ahead of me.  

I’m hoping I can be a good contributor here.....
1983 Bronco XLT being rebuilt/restored with a 5.8 HO & ZF5 and a pile of other improvements..... Serpentine drive; saginaw saw; 3G swap; manual swap with a ZF5; hydro boost swap to name a few....
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Alfie - Welcome to the Bullnose Forum!    We are glad you are here.

What kind of engineer?  EE? ME? CE?  I've been accused of being one, but actually have degrees in math and physics.

And, where's home?  Perhaps one of us is near you?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Alfie623
I’m a civil engineer.  I’m a project engineer for a road & bridge construction company.  

I live in Newburgh, NY.  Home to the Orange County Chopper gang who reputedly are going to try a comeback....
1983 Bronco XLT being rebuilt/restored with a 5.8 HO & ZF5 and a pile of other improvements..... Serpentine drive; saginaw saw; 3G swap; manual swap with a ZF5; hydro boost swap to name a few....
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are very close to Jim/ArdWrknTrk.  Cool!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Yup, pretty close to me.

I used to have a girlfriend in the Wallkill/Walden area.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Alfie623
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Yup, pretty close to me.

I used to have a girlfriend in the Wallkill/Walden area.
cool!!!