New member.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member.

Kelly Looper
Hello everyone, I just purchase'd an 84 F350, 2wd, crew cab with a 300 I-6 w/a 4spd mt, I've never  seen a 1 ton with a 6 banger, the guy told me that he ran the vin and that's what it was manufactured with, I find it hard to believe but I guess I'll eventually find out for sure. I'm Picking up my new project tomorrow south of Dallas and driving her back to Houston. Anyone that wants to share info on their thoughts and experiences on the best suppliers for parts, especially stuff like interior trim, or whatever y'all feel will help me in my quest for finding parts new or used to restore this beast would be greatly appreciated. It's been quite a few years since I've owned a Ford product, so the research begins. Pics coming soon.
Thanks to all,
Kelly
TRK#1-1884 F350 Crew cab 4.9/300 T-19 Base Trk, Originally Propane, Currently running on an old Affordable Fuel Injection TBI.

TRK#2-1985 F150 5.0 EFI AOD 4X4 XLT Lariat Mfg Date 7-85

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member.

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!

Yep, the 300/4.9L engine was the base engine for the F350. Guess what, it was available in the F600 [Intermediate Duty] trucks. The 302/5.0L was not offered in anything above a F250!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kelly Looper
Yes, welcome!  David is right, the 300 was used in lots of big trucks inc aircraft tugs, many of which are still in use.

You said "Houston", but is it really?  We used to live in Katy but would tell people Houston if out of state as they rarely knew where Katy is.  Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you give me the town.

As for parts, LMC, Dennis Carpenter, and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard have interior parts, and it varies by vendor what is available.  Other sources are salvages and people like us as we do sell or swap from time to time.

You'll want to start a new thread about your truck in the main section to keep track of what you are doing, get input, etc.  But, w/o pic's IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Kelly Looper
Ok you got me, I'm really in Pearland, out south of Houston, but exactly, everyone says, "where's Pearland?". Definitely interested in finding out if there's anyone out my direction. As soon as I pick up this beast I'll take a few before pics.
Cheers

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 1:02 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, welcome!  David is right, the 300 was used in lots of big trucks inc aircraft tugs, many of which are still in use.

You said "Houston", but is it really?  We used to live in Katy but would tell people Houston if out of state as they rarely knew where Katy is.  Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you give me the town.

As for parts, LMC, Dennis Carpenter, and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard have interior parts, and it varies by vendor what is available.  Other sources are salvages and people like us as we do sell or swap from time to time.

You'll want to start a new thread about your truck in the main section to keep track of what you are doing, get input, etc.  But, w/o pic's IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!  
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in bac, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-tp29837p29844.html
To unsubscribe from New member., click here.
NAML
TRK#1-1884 F350 Crew cab 4.9/300 T-19 Base Trk, Originally Propane, Currently running on an old Affordable Fuel Injection TBI.

Reply | Threaded
|

Kelly Looper
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Oh and thanks for the supplier info, I thought of LMC just hadn't looked them up yet, thought they only did Chevy but wasn't sure. 

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 1:02 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yes, welcome!  David is right, the 300 was used in lots of big trucks inc aircraft tugs, many of which are still in use.

You said "Houston", but is it really?  We used to live in Katy but would tell people Houston if out of state as they rarely knew where Katy is.  Anyway, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map on the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you give me the town.

As for parts, LMC, Dennis Carpenter, and Jeff's Bronco Graveyard have interior parts, and it varies by vendor what is available.  Other sources are salvages and people like us as we do sell or swap from time to time.

You'll want to start a new thread about your truck in the main section to keep track of what you are doing, get input, etc.  But, w/o pic's IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!  
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in bac, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-tp29837p29844.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!

LMC, Dennis Carpenter, Jeff’s Bronco Graveyard are a few, and of course your local parts stores.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
And, of course, eBay.
Reply | Threaded
|

Kelly Looper
Ole reliable EBay. For sure.
Thanks again for all yalls input

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019, 2:44 PM 1986F150Six [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
And, of course, eBay.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-tp29837p29858.html
NAML

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Kelly Looper
You are now, quite literally, on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI