classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
11 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

rthenry145
Hello, Looking forward to gaining support and knowledge from members. Hoping to provide helpful feedback as well.
'81 Custom F-100 I6, Style Side, A/C
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  

Glad you found us. Tell us more about yourself?  Pics of your truck?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome rthenry145!
Reply | Threaded
|

rthenry145
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
My grandfather bought the truck new as a farm truck. It has served our family well over the years spending time with my dad and his brother. I've had it twice and shared with 2 of my brothers. Since I got it back I've taken it on as a project to spend time with my son and grandson learning how these older trucks were engineered, especially without computer controls, EFI, etc.  I just realized I don't have many general pic's but I'll start with this one.
'81 Custom F-100 I6
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I LOVE the “my family member bought it new” stories!!  And, especially since I’m a grandfather, those stories. But when you add in two more generations this is a really special story!  

And I’m particularly partial to the 81’s as that’s what Dad’s truck is. So I’ll be following the story closely.

I’d recommend starting a thread/topic about your truck in the main section, and let us know what your plans, questions, and needs are. We like to help, and I’m sure you can help us as well.

So, where’s home? Perhaps you are close to one of us?  We have a Member’s Map that shows the hometown of many of our members, and I’d be happy to add you to it.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

rthenry145
Hey Gary,
I'm living in Madison, Alabama.

The truck grew up in North Mississippi and has lived in Philadelphia and Gulf Port MS, Fort Worth & Sugarland TX as well as Germantown, TN.

-rthenry145
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
And one forum member lives ~70 miles to your west.
Reply | Threaded
|

Tallyho
In reply to this post by rthenry145
Looks to pretty straight from the pic.  Nice to see the hubcaps have survived all these years.
Welcome
Tallyho
1984 f250 4x4 460 4 spd
Raymond maine
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by rthenry145
You are, quite literally, on the map!

Reply | Threaded
|

rthenry145
Reply | Threaded
|

rthenry145
In reply to this post by Tallyho
haha, yep!  Just a few fence posts / barb wire marks from the farm!