classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member, old truck.

BullnoseLuvr
This post was updated on .
Howdy all, I bought my truck about 15 years ago and I've been in and out of working on it, but it's always been running. A Mississippi farm truck that never left the property, it ran and drove but pretty much everything was disconnected that could be, including the computer, so it was running in what I suppose you could call limp mode. The frame and body are rust free except the cab floors which have rotted from the inside due to the windshield leaking at the header and the missing floor mat. I'm a freak for originality and completeness so I've gone through it with a fine-tooth comb and got everything back up and running to spec, save for the absence of the Thermactor system and exhaust manifold heat shroud which I'll be adding back as I gather the parts. I've added an original digital clock, intermittent wipers, and footwell courtesy lamps. The lamps plugged right in but don't work, so I've got to figure out if there's a missing harness somewhere. A complete A/C system, soup to nuts, is on the way so I'll have cold A/C again soon. And it looks like a double-din nav unit will fit perfectly with some judicious trimming of the the center fascia panel. Mark
‘84 F150 4x4 351W 4sp. Regular cab, long bed, all original. '69 Continental MK III. Older restoration. '95 Saab 900S Convertible. '05 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible 2.0T. Lime Yellow. '09 Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible 2.8T. Sand Beige top. '13 MINI Cooper Factory JCW 6sp. '01 H-D Sportster. '03 Yamaha FZ-1.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member, old truck.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Nice truck, and a good story.  

Where in MS?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a town or zip.

On the double-DIN, Scott/Kramttocs did it.  Maybe he'll be along in a bit to point you to his thread.

And, now that you are a member you are eligible to join our truck show.  Read up on it here: Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseLuvr
Gary,

Thanks for the response.  I'm in NJ now at 07060, which is at the southern end of what we call North Jersey.  I drove the truck back from Mississippi when I moved back to Jersey after moving back south after moving to NJ a loooong time ago and it made it with flying colors.

Mark
‘84 F150 4x4 351W 4sp. Regular cab, long bed, all original. '69 Continental MK III. Older restoration. '95 Saab 900S Convertible. '05 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible 2.0T. Lime Yellow. '09 Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible 2.8T. Sand Beige top. '13 MINI Cooper Factory JCW 6sp. '01 H-D Sportster. '03 Yamaha FZ-1.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Mark - You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by BullnoseLuvr
Welcome Mark!  

That sounds like an epic journey.
Glad your Bullnose is up to the task.  

Is that a pallet of pellet fuel?
The snow is certainly NOT Mississippi!

Seems like you'll fit right in here, doing upgrades and keeping it original.

And now you've met Josh (also with a Mississippi truck)

I don't pass that way as often now but next time I do perhaps we can get together for breakfast or lunch?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseLuvr
Jim,

Thanks for the message.  Yes that's pellet fuel -- I have a stove for auxiliary heat in my freezing-ass (or is that ass freezing?) den up here.  It was a fun trip with five cats and four dogs in the bed under a cap with the back window open for communication.  And a trailer to boot.  Got about 7 MPG.

Lunch would be in order if you make it to NJ.

Mark
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona