New member in Connecticut.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
20 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member in Connecticut.

paul j
Hello everyone, I'm Paul j from CT so glad to have found a group of people who love the old ford trucks like mine! Mine is an 86 f150 standard cab long bed red&white 302 fuel injection Aod transmission auto on the column no a.c. or power options 8.8 rear don't no the ratio as far as brakes go all stock. She has so many new parts its not funny and she hasn't been running for about 2 months now just shut off one day pulling into my driveway. Acting like fuel problem but I'm no mechanic. New parts are fuel tank & in tank pump all fuel filters pressure regulator and all new injectors as well as high pressure pump on frame rail . Distributor and coil tif module also new with a fat fox relocation kit moving it to a cooler spot. All sensors on motor also are new coolant temperature sensor throttle position sensor and any other I forgot to mention also the high pressure pump on the frame rail has an external ground as well. I can't stand no having her broke down people are telling me to get rid of her but there's no way shes a classic!!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member in Connecticut.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined, Paul.  

What part of CT?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had the city/town.

A suggestion - put your name and details of your truck in your signature.  We like to use first names to keep it friendly, and having the details of your truck easily accessible when we read your question helps us answer much more accurately.

As for it shutting off when pulling into the driveway, have you determined if you have spark?  If so, have you proven you have fuel?

But, the best way to troubleshoot is to start a thread in the main section and ask specific questions.  More people will see your posts there than here, so you'll get more support.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by paul j
Welcome to the forum Paul!  

Yes, what part of the Constitution State do you live in?
I come from the toe, but seem to be spending a lot of time in the New Haven area.
Heck, this state is smaller than some counties out west.

Let's get a topic started in the main forum and do some diagnosis.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
I wondered which ones that might be.  CT has 5543 sq miles, and Osage County, the one in which I live and the largest in OK, is 2304.  But there are 47 counties in the US larger than CT!  In fact, San Bernardino County in CA 20,105 sq miles.  Almost four times the size of CT.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Interesting, Klamath County is 6136.
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Welcome to the forum Paul!  

Yes, what part of the Constitution State do you live in?
I come from the toe, but seem to be spending a lot of time in the New Haven area.

Let's get a topic started in the main forum and do some diagnosis.
Don't I know that
When I first upgraded my CDL from class B to A (18 wheels) I could not get a job because in 2 hours you could be in like 5 different states. Had to settle on a local, Derby area, heating oil driving job.

Here in NC I can drive 3 hours at 70 mph and not get out of state LOL.
I have a medical restriction on my CDL even down here in NC and could not (CT) / can not go out of state.

Welcome to the forum
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
You ought to move to Alaska or Texas Dave.
You can drive all day and not make it across either of those. 😉
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
I am happy right where I am, I can be home each night in my own bed and why I drive a day cab truck
DOT says you can only drive for 11 hours in a 14 hour day with a 30 min. break with in the first 8 hours.
You also have to be off 10 hours before you can start driving again.
This is what I have been pulling for a few months now.

if not that then this, was taken at my house.

That is my old truck 2012 KW I have the same model KW a 2019 in red.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

paul j
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Hi Gary, I'm in Newington ct. Gary I meant to ask you how to put my name and truck details in the signature as you suggested?  Fourms are new to me I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks Paul
Reply | Threaded
|

paul j
Hi, I'm in Newington ct around the Hartford area.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Click your own name, above your avatar and you will see profile and settings.

You can add a picture for an avatar and a signature to your profile if you like.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Okay, I know where you are.

If I had any business with DMV in Weathersfield I'd be right by there.

There's an animal shelter there too, right?
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Click your own name, above your avatar and you will see profile and settings.

You can add a picture for an avatar and a signature to your profile if you like.
I'm almost done updating the Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's page to include instructions on how to create a signature.  Give me a few minutes and I'll be back.....  

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
Hi Paul
Im in Ashford, (north of you)by Tolland.
'86' F-150 Flareside
351, ZF-5sp, 4x4
Lariat cab/package

Ron (reamer)
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Ok, y'all check this out, please.  Tell me if it works for you and how it ought to be changed.  Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
And now you are on the map and can see where Ron and Jim are: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
paul j wrote
She has so many new parts its not funny and she hasn't been running for about 2 months now just shut off one day pulling into my driveway. Acting like fuel problem but I'm no mechanic.
.... I can't stand no having her broke down people are telling me to get rid of her but there's no way shes a classic!!
Do you have power to the pumps?
Did you jar the inertia switch pulling into the driveway?

http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/electric-fuel-pump-control.html
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

old55pete
You could also check the 20 GA fuseable link at the starter relay.
Steve
86 Bronco, XLT, 5.0 EFI, EEC IV, AOD, IFS, limited slip front and rear, 3.08 gears, Tilt steering, factory AC
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
First I'd soak the air filter with a bit of starter fluid and make sure it really is a fuel problem.

If so, pushing the reset button on the inertia switch doesn't require an eeee.

But I think we should really take this to the main forum, since its getting beyond introducing oneself and their ride.
 Jim,