New member here!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member here!

Leelund6
 Hi every one, how goes it. I recently acquired an 87 F-250 and sold my 03 plug spitter for funds to bring the 87 back to life. She was parked in a field for over 12 years, possibly longer. Her motor was all froze up since the welting on the fire wall became a funnel to direct the rain right into the intake. Well, I spent nearly three months trying to get her back on her feet. Every thing from the wrong motor at first to a 92 460 with a edlebrock intake. She had a hell of a vacuum leak. Don't know where I'd been with out this site at that point along with the edlebrock site. Found out that the manifold was for a 70s era 460 and no one made a intake for a carb after 86. This site showed me the way to bypass that issue with an adapter plate made by only ONE manufacturer. Along with other issues, this site has been my go to site when I have a question. Thanks for the welcome!! Lee
Rescued 87 F-250. Bought her to put a camper on cause my 03 only had a 6.5' bed. yea, that's gonna work!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member here!

kramttocs
Administrator
Welcome! So she's running and driving now? Sounds like you've had a fun, busy 3 months
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Leelund6
In reply to this post by kramttocs
Yup, two steps forward, one step back. lol  Now the last thing is figuring out why the abs light is on.  Spent a week on the wipers. Dam governor!!! I think it thinks its name is Inslee!!! lol
Rescued 87 F-250. Bought her to put a camper on cause my 03 only had a 6.5' bed. yea, that's gonna work!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Leelund6
Welcome!  Glad the site is helping.  

Where's home?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we can add you with a city or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI