classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member, here's my rig!

dblohowiak
Morning Everyone,

My name is Dan, and last year after a windstorm crushed my two previous cars, I inherited this 1986 F250HD XLT Lariat (now known as 'Burt') from my Father. Since I am also 34 years old, it seems a bit like destiny. The truck had one prior owner to my Dad, who drove it twice a year commuting from Northern Idaho to winter in Arizona with his fifth wheel, so it has only 60k original miles, and all the associated service records. It was garaged in Idaho, but exposed in Arizona, so while the truck is rust free, there is some paint wear on both the hood and roof. All the bells and whistles work, except, which as I've come to read is a common issue, the duel fuel tanks (only the front works). Luckily the mechanic where I live is a friend, and has a similar rig (84 F250) that he already fixed, so I'm in the process of doing that now.

I've never been into cars before getting this, too many other hobbies, but I've really enjoyed diving into this thing and cleaning it up since I got it, and this website has been a great help. Anyways, here are a few photos, and thanks everyone for unknowingly contributing to my newfound passion so far.

Dan

'Burt' - 1986 F250HD XLT Lariat, 4x2, 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member, here's my rig!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome, Dan!  Nice truck.  

Yep, the fuel systems on these trucks are the biggest problems.  And some of the valves that switch between tanks are hard to find, and expensive when you do.

So, where's home?  Northern Idaho?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to put you on it if we had a city or zip.

And, don't miss that we are having a virtual truck show.  Read all about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show in the menu.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

dblohowiak
Home is actually Vashon Island, Washington. A little island community in Puget Sound, close to Seattle. Moved to Seattle 15 years ago, and been on Vashon going on 6 now. Allows me to work in the city (I'm an architect), but go home to the country (Vashon is very rural) everyday. Also saves me gas as I don't have to drive this hog to work, I take a boat

And yes, the valves were expensive

Thanks for the welcome!
'Burt' - 1986 F250HD XLT Lariat, 4x2, 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now, quite literally, on the map!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Sac79
In reply to this post by dblohowiak
Welcome, that's a very nice original truck!
Rob

Eddy Myrtle '84 F150 300-6, Offenhauser C series intake, Edelbrock 1404(500cfm manual choke), EFI exhaust manifold, HEI dizzy, custom Painless harness, NP 435, NP 208, D44, 8.8"/3.08, 1.5" leveling coils, 265/75/16 tires.
Toyopet (Daily driver) '86 Toyota Pickup
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome Dan!  

That really is a NICE and clean truck.  

As you've found old vehicles like these are fairly easy to work on.
Vacuum and relays for logic and plenty of room make it almost fun
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Welcome! Great looking truck
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

Dee1986
Welcome Dan, as you might guess I'm a fan of that color combo you got there. Sharp truck.
Brian,
1986 f250 xlt lariat 4x4/ 460 4 speed
2016 super duty lifted
1949 Ford custom sedan, orig flathead eight
Reply | Threaded
|

kramttocs
Administrator
Please tell me those are cassettes in the cubby