classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member from Houston

Bill
Hello all!
My truck is a 1981 flat black SWB F100. The truck has a 351w, 4 wheel disc brakes, c6 automatic trans, 9in rear end with detroit locker, 3.70 gears, and full custom interior.1981 SWB F100
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member from Houston

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Are you really from "Houston", or might it be one of the 'burbs, like Katy where we once lived?  I ask because we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to put you on it if I knew the town/city.

Anyway, nice looking truck.  I'll be it runs!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!
Reply | Threaded
|

Bill
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Yes sir, originally from the Sharpstown area or southwest side.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Bill
Welcome to the forum Bill!  

4 wheel discs sounds cool!

Flat black (in Houston) doesn't sound cool, at all.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Bill
Yeah, especially with no AC!  LOl
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
If you're looking to retrofit, there are write-ups for aftermarket (dealer installed) and factory (see Fuzzface -Dave's- firewall hell thread)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
ArdWrknTrk wrote
If you're looking to retrofit, there are write-ups for aftermarket (dealer installed) and factory (see Fuzzface -Dave's- firewall hell thread)
Oh it was not that bad LOL

If you did not know the firewalls are different between trucks with factory AC and non-factory AC.
I wanted AC in my non-AC truck and had a parts truck that had AC so I swapped in the AC firewall so it look factory.

Yes my truck was also flat black when I got it and hated it.

So I did a lot of work to return it back to factory colors. Have the rear fenders, tail gate & running boards to paint red yet and will be done this weekend.

So lets see some more pictures of the truck like the custom inside.
Have you though of lowering the truck a little? If you still have the factory kingpins could be and issue or I would have done that with my 81 F100.
Dave ----

BTW welcome to the forum and nice looking truck
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Ah, yeah.  Right Dave...

Your family business IS autobody, isn't it?  ðŸ¤”
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Bill
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
I did lower it a little but your right with the stock kingpins it is a bit more trouble. I lowered it with shackles and new hangers in the rear and removed the helper spring. In the front I put 2 inch dropped springs which threw my camber way off so I came back and added washers under the spring perch to help out a bit.
Here are a few pics of the inside.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bill - You are now on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI