New member! Check out my truck?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New member! Check out my truck?

DanUnger
Hey everyone, I recently picked up a 1984 F250 with the 6.9 and 4 speed T19. It has the Dana 70 rear with 3.55 gears with a posi. 8 foot box. This truck also has the “explorer” package. (I’ve never seen this before, is it rare?)
I’ll post some pictures below.
I’m the third owner and have all the original paperwork. This truck looks restored it’s in such good of shape.. not one spec of rust being in Pennsylvania it’s whole life.
The original owner used it to haul a fifth wheel camper to Florida every year. He disconnected the rear tank and plumbed in an auxiliary fuel tank mounted in the bed. I found the original owners grandson and he stated that they could drive almost straight down to Florida without stopping.
I’ll add some pictures. Its in amazing shape, I’m just slowly fixing small stuff I come across. I changed all filters and fluids, and overhauled the rear brakes.  I plumbed the rear tank back into the valve, and mounted the spare tire. I removed the stock wheels and dry rotted tires and ordered a set of American racing outlaws wrapped in Hankook Dynapro tires. The seat was in amazing condition and I didn’t want to ruin it, so I ordered a nice cover from LMC truck. My father can’t believe how clean the truck is, (he was my age when these were coming out new) I removed the fifth wheel hitch and left the mounting braces as they are attached to the frame through the bed. It doesn’t impede much and they provide good strapping points. I did have my father weld D rings to the gooseneck plate.
I put a toolbox in the back, and installed a Velcro type tonneu cover. (I didn’t really enjoy the design of the snap style)
The second owner left everything the same as when he got it, the change in the glove box is no older than 1985! Truly a time capsule.
I’m still trying to troubleshoot the cruise control. It will hold speed for a few minutes then surge and accelerate until I hit the brakes. I’m thinking a vacuum leak of some sort.
Hey, thanks for reading my story, have a great day!
-Dan

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New member! Check out my truck?

Dee1986
Welcome Dan, that's one sharp looking truck. I can't believe how solid it looks being from Pennsylvania.
Brian,
1986 f250 xlt lariat 4x4/ 460 4 speed
2016 super duty lifted
1949 Ford custom sedan, orig flathead eight
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by DanUnger
Dan - Glad you joined.  Finally.  

Where's home?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a town or zip.

BEAUTIFUL truck!  Are you sure it is an '84?  I ask because I had an '82 with the same paint scheme, and it was an Explorer as well.  Looked exactly like yours.  But, the 6.9L didn't come out until '83, so it obviously can't be an '82.

The Explorer package was only offered a short period of time each year, so they aren't common.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

DanUnger
Thanks Gary, yeah it’s definitely an 84. I saw in the sales receipt there was different levels to the explorer package. A,B,C,D. This had Explorer package level D. 
I’m located in northeast PA. Near scranton pennsylvania. 

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 6:05 PM Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dan - Glad you joined.  Finally.  

Where's home?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we could add you if we had a town or zip.

BEAUTIFUL truck!  Are you sure it is an '84?  I ask because I had an '82 with the same paint scheme, and it was an Explorer as well.  Looked exactly like yours.  But, the 6.9L didn't come out until '83, so it obviously can't be an '82.

The Explorer package was only offered a short period of time each year, so they aren't common.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-Check-out-my-truck-tp58681p58683.html
To unsubscribe from New member! Check out my truck?, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Welcome to the forum Dan!  

That truck is in amazing shape for its age.
I bet the IDI isn't even broken in yet.

Nice choice on the wheels.
Looks sharp!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
thefineIDI wrote
Welcome aboard Dan!

That's The Hawk's Nest, isn't it? We used to do a motorcycle trip down south every year, and always stayed in Port Jervis, NY on the way down I-84 just so we could take a quick run up to the Hawk's Nest for some pictures;). Really nice up that way.

Nice truck. Looks really clean!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

DanUnger
Yes sir! Beautiful stretch of road. It’s a shame what people have done to it with spray paint.. hopefully bringing a power washer up in the next month or two with a few buddies to clean it all up! 

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 7:15 PM Rembrant [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
thefineIDI wrote
Welcome aboard Dan!

That's The Hawk's Nest, isn't it? We used to do a motorcycle trip down south every year, and always stayed in Port Jervis, NY on the way down I-84 just so we could take a quick run up to the Hawk's Nest for some pictures;). Really nice up that way.

Nice truck. Looks really clean!
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/GT40 heads, BBK headers, Holley 4bbl, XE256H Comp Cam, M5R2 5spd swap, Magnaflow full duals. Fresh Medium Blue Metallic in August 2019.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-Check-out-my-truck-tp58681p58688.html
To unsubscribe from New member! Check out my truck?, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Ferdinand
Oh SNAP! I was wondering when someone would have a truck like my first!!

Look great Dan!!

This was mine. ’82 F150, 351W, RV CAM, Eddy Performer RPM top end w/Jacobsen Electronic Ignition, C6 Auto, XLT. This is with a 3” body lift (don’t judge 😉) and 33X12.50X15 BFG’s.  Picture taken circa 1998. Bought the truck from one of my old high school teachers back in ’93.
(Wish I would have taken more pictures…) It had been repainted the year before I bought it as you can probably tell from the pin striping.

Jamie Helmick
Barnesville, Ohio

On Apr 30, 2020, at 10:10 PM, grumpin [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 Suburban LT K2500 454 4L80E
2000 Nissan Xterra XE 4WD 3.3 RE4R01A
Oregon

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/New-member-Check-out-my-truck-tp58681p58712.html
To start a new topic under New Members Start Here, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from New Members Start Here, click here.
NAML

Jamie Helmick
'85 Bronco 351W HO, C6, 4X4, Full rebuild @ 51k original miles (fire), Edelbrock air gap intake & 600 cfm carb. w/elec. choke. 4" RC lift w/35's. Check the Projects Page if you're interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
Wow! What a nice truck!!! Welcome!
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

NZCOBRA
This post was updated on .
Hi , i have been mucking around with my cruise control , try putting your left foot under the brake pedal and lifting it a bit , if it the accell sets better and pulls up better , then the dump valve is leaking a bit , i think after 30+ years the plastic tip gets worn , i dont know whats inside the valve ? If it has a rubber seat , it could be getting hard , i had to adjust my valve about 2 turns toward the brake pedal , i have also made a canister today with a non return valve to add some volume to the system , i will do a post on my findings soon .Cheers.
1986 F150 Lariat Supercab 302 efi , soon to have a 385 ci w , forged crank,king bearings , crower billet rods, Auto tech forged pistons world products Snr heads , Comp retro fit 35-421-8 HR, steel roller lifters , Milodon single idle gear drive , Mallory dual sync dissy ,Motec ECU , Profesional products intake , 75 mm TB , 40lb EV1  , Doug thorly Tri-y long tubes , Block 1974 with 1990 serpentine front drive  and new Motorcraft A/C pump , will put 3G alternator on it , ford racing diff cover and have a new track-loc , to fit .  I have converted it to a 5 speed Tremec TR4250 as the AOD died .
Reply | Threaded
|

BullnoseLuvr
Wow, great truck.  Love it.

Mark
‘84 F150 4x4 351W 4sp. Regular cab, long bed, all original. '69 Continental MK III. Older restoration. '95 Saab 900S Convertible. '05 Saab 9-3 ARC Convertible 2.0T. Lime Yellow. '09 Saab 9-3 AERO Convertible 2.8T. Sand Beige top. '13 MINI Cooper Factory JCW 6sp. '01 H-D Sportster. '03 Yamaha FZ-1.