New guy from SW Washington

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New guy from SW Washington

I 16
Chris here, with an 86 F-250 IDI, 4wd, extend cab long box. I have had the truck for about 10 years, and got it free, not running from a friend. As I was previously a mechanic for many, many years, I got her running and have used it as a wood and dump truck. It is mechanically sound, as I went through and rebuilt about everything except the lower end. R12 AC even blows cold to 48 degrees. But, she is quite ugly. I am currently stepping up, and put an ATS 088 turbo kit into it, exhaust,  fixing the interior (upholstery, headliner, dash, refinishing the mystery red trim, and straighten the body and get paint on her. Also looking for a gear splitter for my T-19, because that looks fun. Looks like between here and Oilburners, I can keep the old girl running for another decade, or until Washington outlaws trucks.....

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New guy from SW Washington

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome to the forum!  

Cool truck with a good story.  I suggest you start a thread in the main section where you tell use what you've done and do to your truck.

And, I'm sure there are other IDI guys on here that will want to connect with you.

Speaking of connect, sometimes that's done by finding out who is near you, and to aid that we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to add you if you'd give me a town/city.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

I 16
Beautiful White Salmon, Washington. Thanks Gary.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Chris, you are on the map!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by I 16
Welcome to the group! I like your truck. I’m another IDI fan here 😉
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded