classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
18 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New follower from FTE

fryntrz
Hey guys,

I also followed the trail over from FTE.  I have a 1985 2wd F-150 that I have been doing a frame off restoration on since roughly 2009.  Schooling, moving, building a garage, life in general has delayed the rebuild but I'm looking to put some energy in to it this year.  I've found myself browsing around to gather some parts info and prepare for assembly, so I figured might as well join and focus the updates here instead of FTE since the vast amount of knowledge and effort Gary has put before me with this site - thank you!

As I pull some previous pictures from the photobucket mess that happened a while back, I will create a build thread and update there.

Gary, you could mark me as Fort McMurray, Alberta, when you get the chance.  It's been a while, but I still have some Rosewood panels to finish talking to you about if you're still in need!

Here is a quick pic of when the C6 left me stranded in Dec '08 and kick started the rebuild, to how it sits now in the new place:

Bryan
1985 F-150 2wd frame off restomod underway, 460ci/TKO600 swapped
Instagram: @fryntrz
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New follower from FTE

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by fryntrz
Ryan - WELCOME!  So glad you followed the trail.  

Wow, what a transformation!  That looks so good!  In fact, it may be cleaner/better than one near and dear to me.  

Do I see tubular crossmembers?  Or just hoops to catch the driveshafts?  Headers, ZF5, Edelbrock carb, and what kind of front axle is that?

As for the map, you are on it.  And, I'm quite a ways away from being ready for interior, but let's talk about the Rosewood.

Hope you can get back to the project.  I've recently done that and it sure feels good.  And, you certainly need a build thread.  But I'm working on a trick that I hope to post about in the main section in a bit, and you may want to think about using it for your thread.  (Anyone can, and you can retro-fit it into your thread, as I'm doing on mine, so there's no need to wait to start the thread.)

Welcome!!!!  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

fryntrz
You're looking at a balanced/blueprinted 460BB to the tune of 500hp/525 ft/lbs - ish. L&L Products were used for the swap like the accessory brackets, motor mounts, and their headers.    Swapped behind it is an aftermarket Tremec TKO600 5spd, Currie 9+ nodular carrier with their axles.  Those hoops are strictly for the driveshaft.  What you see are the DJM 3" lowering i-beams, with 2" drop shackles in the rear.

As I get back in to build mode and come across those panels, I will reach out to you Gary.
Bryan
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  Stout!  That will be quite the truck.  

And I'm in no hurry, whatsoever.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome! Very nice!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
displacement4me wrote
Gary, you could mark me as Fort McMurray, Alberta, when you get the chance.  
How's the weather out in Fort Mac? Are you from the east or are you a true Westerner? Things are starting to thaw out in the Maritimes...the snow piles are turning a dirty brown and are rotting away;).

Are you still going to mount the mid-ship fuel tank or are you running the rear tank only?

There is a truck sort of like yours for sale in BC (I think). Have you seen this one? The guy is asking almost 40 grand for it!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

fryntrz
Rembrant wrote
How's the weather out in Fort Mac? Are you from the east or are you a true Westerner? Things are starting to thaw out in the Maritimes...the snow piles are turning a dirty brown and are rotting away;).

Are you still going to mount the mid-ship fuel tank or are you running the rear tank only?

There is a truck sort of like yours for sale in BC (I think). Have you seen this one? The guy is asking almost 40 grand for it!
Nope, originally from B.C.!  Weather is great too, the kind that makes you want to open the garage door as you tinker away.  I have not seen that truck from B.C., but I noticed as a whole, the rebuilt/restored/custom bullnose presence is starting to get better.

I deleted the mid-ship tank as I prioritized the dual exhaust with x-pipe and electric cutouts being ran symmetrically.  I opted for the larger 38 gal (I believe, it's been a while) replacement for the rear instead.
Bryan
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I have a 38 gallon rear tank for Big Blue, but plan to also run the 19 gallon mid-ship tank.  Are you going to run the Bullnose era pump?  The beauty of a single tank is life without a switching valve.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ferdinand
Welcome Ryan!

Look forward to watching your progress. No matter how slow. I know the feeling 👍🏻
Jamie Helmick
'85 Bronco 351W HO, C6, 4X4, Full rebuild @ 51k original miles (fire), Edelbrock air gap intake & 600 cfm carb. w/elec. choke. 4" RC lift w/35's. Check the Projects Page if you're interested.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
displacement4me wrote
I have not seen that truck from B.C., but I noticed as a whole, the rebuilt/restored/custom bullnose presence is starting to get better.
I don't know if the thing is worth $38,500 or not, but you don't often see extended cab trucks hotrodded;).

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2164025807246778/

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Welcome! Glad you joined us! Wow. That is a fantastic project... I look forward to following 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

ctubutis
Bryan!!!! :)
Reply | Threaded
|

fryntrz
Gary, I'm lost.   I know I had a build thread in the Projects section - there were pictures of the new shop and some other stuff that filled the gap in the years, plus I remember you asking about my fueling for the 460 swap.  Was there a purge on stagnant threads or anything?  I went through all the pages in the Projects section, plus the history of my posts to no avail.  It was a smaller thread so it wouldn't be much to restart and slowly add to though, so I won't lose sleep over it.
Bryan
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bryan - We haven't cleaned anything out, not at all.  So it should be there.

You said you've gone through the history of your posts, but did you do that by going here?  (That takes you to Page 2 of the three pages showing your 44 posts.)

Have you done an advanced search for key words with you as the author?  I can look for you if you'd like.

Reply | Threaded
|

New follower from FTE

fryntrz
I did look at my history, and an advanced search.  Even under my previous username (displacement4me) but it still populates the same posts as now.

No worries though, I'll build a new project thread when I get more progress!
Bryan
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You seem to have changed your user name and all of the old posts show the new name.  And I can't find any posts with the old name.

Is there any chance those posts were on FTE?

Reply | Threaded
|

New follower from FTE

fryntrz
No it wasn’t FTE or anywhere else, I haven’t been an active poster for the last few years.
It had a picture of the construction progress of my garage which was only shared on here as this is my go-to spot truck related wandering or learnings.
Bryan