New chick

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New chick

DDupree79
Hello from Texas. I recently purchased a 1983 F-250 5.8L V8 with 36,000 original miles. It has been parked since 2003, but my dad is going through it now, figuring out what needs to be done. We are very much a Ford family, as he has driven Fords all of my life. I've included a photo of him with the truck, which makes him look short even though he's 6'9.

This will be my second Ford. The first was a 2001 Escape. I think this bad boy is more my style, though. Anyway, I may pop in from time to time with some questions.
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.
Danielle

1983 F-250 5.8L V8 4X4 with 36,000 original miles
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New chick

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by DDupree79
Welcome Danielle!  
We're here to help if we can.
There certainly are plenty of answers available in the documentation

Six foot nine!?!?   😲
Everything's bigger in Texas....

Hope you enjoy your 'new to you' truck.  
With only 36k that thing isn't even broken in yet.

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Six foot nine!?!?   😲
Everything's bigger in Texas....
Ha! First thought I had as well!
I don't feel small very often, but I certainly do around guys that are 6ft 9...lol.

Welcome aboard new chick. This is the place to be for Bullnose truck info.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Danielle - Welcome!  Glad you joined, and hope you'll do more than "pop in from time to time".  We are a community, even though we live in 12 different countries at the moment.

Speaking of where we live, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would love to put you on it if we had a town/zip.  (No addresses as we don't want people looking us up.)

Also, don't miss that we have a virtual truck show going on.  You can read about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show, but it is open to all members.  Just write up your truck, similarly to the way the others have, and send that and pics &/or videos to me via email and I'll add you.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Hope you enjoy your 'new to you' truck.  
With only 36k that thing isn't even broken in yet.
That's exactly what my dad said. He just keeps shaking his head.
Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Gary Lewis wrote
Speaking of where we live, we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and would love to put you on it if we had a town/zip.  (No addresses as we don't want people looking us up.)

Also, don't miss that we have a virtual truck show going on.  You can read about it at Truck Shows/2020 Truck Show, but it is open to all members.
Thanks for having me. I live out in the country, near Atlanta, Texas. ZIP is 75551. I'll check out the virtual truck show. I might list some of my dad's Fords if that's OK. I think he has about six ... hard to keep up as they seem to multiply when you aren't looking.
Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Rembrant wrote
I don't feel small very often, but I certainly do around guys that are 6ft 9...lol.
Thanks for the welcome!
On my mom's side of the family, I'm taller than most of the men. On my dad's side, I'm shorter than all but one of the women. I tower over most of my friends, but my dad still calls me short. I told him he should have done a better job.
Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Welcome Danielle!  
We're here to help if we can.
There certainly are plenty of answers available in the documentation
Thank you for the warm welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Sounds like your dad's got you well covered.  
If they keep multiplying, Lord knows what those trucks are doing out back of the barn.

Maybe you could convince him to create his own profile and enter some of his trucks?
I'm sure a lot of us are his age.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.  I didn't know where Atlanta, TX is but it turns out we drove right through there a bit less than a year ago.  Left home, Skiatook, and went down the eastern part of OK into TX.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Maybe you could convince him to create his own profile and enter some of his trucks?
I'm sure a lot of us are his age.
I'll see what I can do, but his online activity mostly involves searching Craigslist and Facebook. He doesn't sit still too long. As for his age, he'd probably kill me if I posted it so I'll give you mine — I just turned 41 last week. You can guestimate his from there.

I hope I can convince him because I think he'd really enjoy talking to you guys.
Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
Gary Lewis wrote
You are now on the map.  I didn't know where Atlanta, TX is but it turns out we drove right through there a bit less than a year ago.  Left home, Skiatook, and went down the eastern part of OK into TX.
Thanks! I hope you enjoyed your trip. The eastern part of Oklahoma/western part of Arkansas has some pretty scenery. I went through there last fall with a friend who was visiting from the Netherlands. We camped at a few state parks and had a great time. Here's a photo of an old moonshiner's cave we found on the trip:

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
So he must be 60?

You're my ex's age.
A great place where one is old enough to know better and too young to care.

I hope you find a sense of community here.
And are able to get help or sage advice if you want it.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Oh, and congratulations.
Happy birthday.

You're definitely doing it right!  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
41?  My son turned 38 today and our daughter will turn 40 in November.  Yep, I'm antiquated.  

Friends from The Netherlands?  Cool!  We visited there when we lived in the UK.  Loved it and the people.

That's a neat cave.  I really would like to poke around down there.  As you said, there is some pretty scenery - basically right down the state line between you and me.

Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
ArdWrknTrk wrote
So he must be 60?

You're my ex's age.
A great place where one is old enough to know better and too young to care.

I hope you find a sense of community here.
And are able to get help or sage advice if you want it.
I appreciate it and I always welcome any advice. I'm smart enough to know when I don't know anything.

Aim a bit higher for my dad.  
Reply | Threaded
|

DDupree79
Gary Lewis wrote
41?  My son turned 38 today and our daughter will turn 40 in November.  Yep, I'm antiquated.  

Friends from The Netherlands?  Cool!  We visited there when we lived in the UK.  Loved it and the people.

That's a neat cave.  I really would like to poke around down there.  As you said, there is some pretty scenery - basically right down the state line between you and me.
Happy birthday to your son! I did a lot of my undergraduate and graduate work overseas so I have a lot of ties to a lot of countries. I love to travel, always have. I'm in the middle of restoring an old camper I can't wait to pull behind the "new" truck. Once those projects are done I plan on doing a lot more exploring on this side of the pond.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We were to be back in the UK in September/October this year, but that's not going to happen due to the virus.  We've been on several cruises in Europe, and can't see getting on another cruise ship any time soon.  So while we have wonderful memories of most of the countries in Europe and a great desire to revisit them, we are hoping to explore this side of the pond for a while as well.

So, what are your degrees in?  Where did you study?

As for the camper, we aren't just about Bullnose trucks.  Several have acquired RVs and have reported on them.  So how 'bout starting a thread about your camper?  We'd love to see your progress, and you might even inspire us to do the same.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Welcome to our forums. As for ages, I am a year older than Gary and my daughter turned 55 in June, older son will be 53 on August 20th, younger son (has an Excursion and Harley) was 43 in May. I am 74.

I have had Ford trucks for a while, Darth is my 3rd, first two started as 6 cyl models and were converted to V8s.

As for the forums we have a lot of very knowledgeable people on here and plenty of resources.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413