New bench seat and door panel options from LMC

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
29 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New bench seat and door panel options from LMC

salans7
Has anybody seen these yet? Very pricey, and very interesting. I do have my eyes on the seat bracket though, that may make it easier for those without welders to mount their own bucket seats from whatever vehicle they choose.

LMC/TMI Universal Bench Seat (Brown) for Bullnose

LMC/TMI Universal Split Bench (Black)

LMC/TMI Door Panel Set (Brown)

LMC/TMI Door Panel Set (Black)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New bench seat and door panel options from LMC

kramttocs
Administrator
The more I look at the door panels the more they grow on me. Tastefully done. Combine this with a leather dash like that recent for sale pickup and it'd be sharp.
I prefer the stock look but nice to have the option.
Scott
'Camano' 1986 F250 Supercab XLT Lariat 460/C6
'Chanute' 1980 F350 C&C 400/NP 435 - Gin Pole

But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Very nice!

Those two tone door panels would fit the color of my truck! And I like the seats and console.

But that would shame into doing the rear seat and the dash and the paint and so on...

Wow! I like what I have!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by salans7
salans7 wrote
Has anybody seen these yet? Very pricey, and very interesting. I do have my eyes on the seat bracket though, that may make it easier for those without welders to mount their own bucket seats from whatever vehicle they choose.

LMC/TMI Universal Bench Seat (Brown) for Bullnose

LMC/TMI Universal Split Bench (Black)

LMC/TMI Door Panel Set (Brown)

LMC/TMI Door Panel Set (Black)
The brown seats were new in the last catalog or the one before it, but I don't think any of the others were there...they must be new. Looks like nice stuff. I love the seats.

I know everybody howls about LMC being poor quality, but I've had OK luck with their stuff. Maybe my standards are lower...lol.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Is it really Too Much Information?
Or is there a tie in with Tim Meyer Industries?

Maybe Gary should ask....

Cool find Shaun!  ðŸ˜Ž
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Those seats are interesting!  It cost me $1000 to have the Bronco captains chairs recovered (please don't mention that I did that twice), and then there was the hassle of mounting them.  This isn't that much more expensive and they are supposedly bolt-in.

Having said that, they don't say they are bolt-in.  Or at least I don't find that they say that.  Am I missing it?

On the door panels, they'd go nicely with the seats.

As for TMI, that's apparently a different TMI.  Tim has his hands full with the new Cleveland block, so I am sure he's not branched out.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
You are missing something Gary, the seat itself is universal, but the seat bracket that is sold separately is made for our trucks. Bolt in the seat bracket, and then bolt the seat to that and you're golden. It's kinda like the OBS 40-20-40 seats that have that separate pan.

I think they're a great deal as well, people are selling used OBS and 99+ Super Duty seats for well over $1k.

My gripe would be quality of the material and the stitching. I'm not familiar with TMI but they seem to make quite a bit of stuff for classic vehicles.

TMI Products Website
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Is it really Too Much Information?
Or is there a tie in with Tim Meyer Industries?

Maybe Gary should ask....

Cool find Shaun!  ðŸ˜Ž
Its actually TMI products.

They have more options, stitch colors, fabrics etc at their website. They are the same group that made bull nose with the interceptor 4.6l V8 in it. I have had a few discussions with them about the seats and they sent me some swatches  as well. Same seats I posted about a while back when I was trying to figure out what to go with.

Here is the link to their site
https://www.tmiproducts.com/ford/truck-1953-86/1980-86-f150
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
If you go to the link above they also have a bracket to convert from bench to bucket seats (which they also sell).
Reply | Threaded
|

Angelo Voltura
Nifty, but I could never buy them. The originality is why I like these trucks in the first place.
1978 F150 351W
1979 F150 "410M"
1979 F100 302
1979 F250 400
1987 F150 300
1990 F150 302
1991 F150 300
1995 F150 (1985 clip swapped) 300
1997 F250 351W
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Danny G
My point earlier was that I can't find any statement on the LMC site that says the TMI bracket bolts into the factory holes.  And I cannot find the link on the TMI site to their brackets to see what they say.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
My point earlier was that I can't find any statement on the LMC site that says the TMI bracket bolts into the factory holes.  And I cannot find the link on the TMI site to their brackets to see what they say.
You are correct, looking back it doesn't actually say the bracket fits the Bullnose trucks, it's just an assumption based on the fact that they list it for 80-86. However when I look up the same listing (on LMC) for a 73-87 Chevy/GMC K20, the bracket shown there looks different than the one on the Bullnose listing.
Reply | Threaded
|

LARIAT 85
Not a fan.  
Lucille:  1985 Ford F150 XLT Lariat

*Colors:  Dark Canyon Red exterior, Canyon Red interior
*Engine: 5.0, CompCams 31-230-3, "Thumper" E7 heads, Edelbrock Performer intake, Autolite 4100 carburetor, DuraSpark II ignition, Thorley Tri-Y headers, Flowmaster dual exhaust, H-pipe.
*Drivetrain:  AOD transmission, 3.55 gears, 2wd.

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
The TMI bench to bench or bench to bucket brackets bolt into the 4 factory holes in the floor of the truck.

Edit to clarify more.

From talking to TMI

The brackets are fit for 1980-1986 Ford trucks to use the existing holes. If you get a bench, and the bench bracket that pretty quick and easy. No drilling or modification to the floor pan needed. One lever whole bench moves

The same style is used for their bucket seats so it is not two individual brackets and still uses the factory 4 holes in the floor. Because of this you have two bars of the bracket running between the bucket seats. This space is filled by buying one of their console options. Two levers each bucket moves.

They recommend the bench or the low back classic buckets for Bullnose trucks. I don't like their door panels but do plan on getting their seats.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Hope this helps

You can see in the picture kind of what I am getting at, there are 4 mounting holes for the bracket to the floor formed to fit the contour of the 80-86 Fseries.

On the bench 4 bolts to attach the bench to the bracket and one handle to slide the bench.

On the buckets 4 bolts per bucket to attache the buckets to the bench and each seat has its own slider.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I see what you are saying, and I hope that the bracket does indeed bolt to the factory holes.  But I've not seen anything from TMI that says they will fit the factory holes.  Have you?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
I see what you are saying, and I hope that the bracket does indeed bolt to the factory holes.  But I've not seen anything from TMI that says they will fit the factory holes.  Have you?
He spoke with them.

TheScatch wrote

From talking to TMI

The brackets are fit for 1980-1986 Ford trucks to use the existing holes. If you get a bench, and the bench bracket that pretty quick and easy. No drilling or modification to the floor pan needed. One lever whole bench moves
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
yep, TMI are really easy to deal with. You can text them on the website, call in or email. And you can order 5 color/material swatches at no charge.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
I quite like these seats, but they're way out of my price range considering the exchange rate and freight charges I would have to deal with. I think they would look great in a restomod type of truck along with an aftermarket steering wheel and aftermarket gauges.

I guess the big question is, I wonder how comfortable they are. They look like they'd lower the seating position, at least a little bit, which may not be a bad thing depending on how tall you are.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
salans7 wrote
He spoke with them.
I missed that!  

Ok, good!  I really don't recommend drilling new holes as they are almost assuredly not going to be reinforced like the factory holes are.  So I'm glad they are making a bracket to use to original holes.