New Parts Source

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Parts Source

fords4life
I haven’t purchased anything but I’ve never heard of them until tonight.  Just wanted to pass this along as another resource.  

https://www.chuckstrucksllc.com/pdf/80-96Truck.pdf
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Parts Source

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hadn't heard of them either.  But they have quite a bit of stuff.  However, things like guages are EXPENSIVE!  Perhaps other things aren't.

Anyway, good find!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

swampedout
Thanks for sharing the resource!
That would be a good thread, Gary: a place for us to post where to find various parts. Ive already come up with some deep internet finds and it would be nice to know I saved someone the headaches that I went through.
Sam
1984 F250. 460. C6. 4x4.
 MSD Ignition. Airbag rear suspension
Whole buncha problems
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
How about going to the Resources folder and starting a new thread there?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Why are some of their pictures lifted straight from an older version of the Dennis Carpenter catalog? That picture with the white aeronose and cream bullnose was right on the cover of my last DC catalog. Also, most of those listings also look like they were pulled from an older version of DC's website/catalog?
Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
salans7 wrote
Why are some of their pictures lifted straight from an older version of the Dennis Carpenter catalog? That picture with the white aeronose and cream bullnose was right on the cover of my last DC catalog. Also, most of those listings also look like they were pulled from an older version of DC's website?
It's possible they are just reselling stuff from DC, but I have no idea.  I just hadn't seen them before so wanted to share.
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
I found this “company” a while back but completely dismissed them as their catalog seemed anything but - it was a blatant copy of DC sans the DC name and contact details on every page. Rather bold and shameless. Great artists may copy, but not like this.
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Glad I'm not the only one who found issue with them because of it.
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by fords4life
I've seen these guys when looking for trim pieces. I think its a defunct catalog.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
If it is not a defunct catalog, they have NOS of every hard to find molding trim for the outside of the vehicle, plus A pillar trims and dash bezels.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
I know Chuck personally, He is honest and straight-up.
He specializes in 1948-to 1952, (but does up to the 80's) Ford trucks and specializes in Marmon-Herrington 4x4 conversions.
A stickler for detail. and one of the few D-C "agents."

He's located in Hamden, CT has a warehouse of '48-'52 parts and running trucks.
His knowledge base is second to none on those years.

Yes his prices are lofty sometimes, but they are NOS, or original, no Chinese crap here (on the 48-52 stuff)
Last time I was there he had over 20 older doors, glass, mechanisms, hoods, beds, cab and electrical parts.
Chuck scowers the country finding farm trucks and old fire engines.
A master at flatheads and carbs.

Never mention him here cause of his specialty years.
When I restored my 1948 F-5, he was the guy that found solid wheels for my truck on the west coast.
Every thing Ford sold in the mid-west and east coast had "widow maker" Split rims.

Don't dismiss him just yet.....
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ron - Could you contact him and give him a link to this thread and ask him to comment?  For instance, why does it appear that he's using the DC catalog?  Is he expanding into Bullnose?  Etc?

Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
Something to keep in mind too is that catalog is from 2012.  If he is a DC authorized rep, they likely supply all the photos and marketing stuff to him for his use.  That is pretty typical for all "authorized" retailers.  Would be good to know what his current bullnose inventory is like though.
Reply | Threaded
|

Vic Roma
In reply to this post by reamer
Your input adds credibility to him/his business, but the face he presents (presented?) to the online world that knows DC is “rip off”. I’m sure if I knew him or had bought from him I might hold a different opinion. In any case, he should address the catalog issue - he may be a nice guy, but it just looks bad. NPD also re-sell DC parts and they obfuscate the heck out of part numbers, but at least they look professional.
1984 Bronco 351 Holley Sniper EFI, 3 Speed Ford Auto.
1986 Bronco 302 EFI, AOD, Eddie Bauer, with 3G alternator.