classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Page On Terminals & Connectors - Need Help, Please

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've created a new page: Documentation/Electrical/Terminals & Connectors.  But, it is far from being done and I need your help.

First, the Illustrations tab and the Terminals tab are in jpg format.  Yes, they look larger on your screen, but there's little I can do with them other than give you the info that's in them.  But the Connectors tab has a pdf, which allows me a lot more creativity.  For instance, I can edit the file in the background by adding text or links to it and it'll show up.  And my hope is that as we figure out what we have you can tell me what is what and I can capture it in the file.  Does that make sense?

Second, as I've explained on the Connectors tab, it appears that Ford used the term "sleeves" for the plastic parts of what we call "connectors".  Does you agree?

Last, Ford seems to use the terms "connectors" and "terminals" for the metal pieces that go in the sleeves.  But that is confusing, and may be wrong.  What are your thoughts?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Page On Terminals & Connectors - Need Help, Please

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I have a hard time distinguishing some of them.

Have you considered the Motorcraft pigtail catalog?
It's PDF, and offers the Ford part number as well as the Motorcraft (commonly available) number.
While it contains a lot of post '86 plugs and sockets, the illustrations are much better -to me-

Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I hadn’t considered it, Jim. But that is a good idea. I can edit the catalog to at least pull snippets out of it and use in our documentation. 👍

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Gary, I have a fair amount of information on Ford connectors, including aftermarket sources for the male and female parts. I also have pictures of a lot of the older non-molded male and female plastic shells. When you are back from your tour of the Western Hemisphere I can send you the information and pictures.

Gee, those pictures of the 0.110" Wedgelock male/female look familiar.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bill - Please go ahead and send the info.

Jim - The Wiring Pigtail Catalog, embedded here to make sure that's the one you mean, doesn't do much for me. It has part numbers for connectors with pigtails, and those don't match up to anything I'm finding in the Master Parts Catalog. (And they shouldn't as they aren't the same as a shell nor a terminal.)

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I can't look at this on my phone.

The Ford numbers are all new (Global) numbers, but many are correct for your trucks.

Maybe Numberdummy has an answer to which are superceded Bullnose #s.

You get the right shell, once you unpin it.
DON'T buy over the counter!
Motorcraft's prices are ridiculous.
But once you have that number, opportunitys are everywhere!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.