New Member with a broad question...

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member with a broad question...

wyldbyll54
Found this forum, looked around a bit... Already my new favorite thing on the internet.

No specific questions, but just got the truck in my signature a couple weeks ago, not my first bullnose but my first 3/4 ton and first big block. Just wondering any common issues I'm going to run into with this setup... It came from California and I think had been sitting for a bit. I bought it in Corpus Christi and drove it to Fort Worth without any real complication. Appears to be a legitimate 118000 mile truck. I'm very pleased so far just know that I can't expect a 32-33 year old truck to be perfect forever.
Thanks in advance.
1985 F250 Supercab
XLT Lariat Explorer
4x4 LB 460ci 4spd
118k original
Silver on Blue
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member with a broad question...

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  

We have similar trucks.  Big Blue is only a regular cab, but is otherwise quite similar.

The common problems for this setup revolve around the fuel system.  I found a note recently in one of the dealer facts books that said that only the 460's in an F-Series with the Pickup Box Removal Program, Trailer Towing/Camper Package, or Special High Altitude Performance Package got electric fuel pumps.  All else got the mechanical pump.

The electric pump system is slightly complex as it has an inertia switch and a cutout relay controlled by an oil pressure switch.  It isn't really all that complex, but most people seem to think so and a lot of the trucks have part of the system bypassed.  But with the wiring diagram it isn't that bad to repair if you need to do so.

Otherwise, just drive it and enjoy it.  Oh, and don't forget to stop for gas - frequently.  

Oh yes, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I can add you if you'd like.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

wyldbyll54
Yeah I'm in Ft. Worth TX
Thanks
1985 F250 Supercab
XLT Lariat Explorer
4x4 LB 460ci 4spd
118k original
Silver on Blue
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You, too, are on the map.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by wyldbyll54
Congrats and Welcome!  Good to see someone from "down round here" getting on board.  I'm up here in Decatur if you're ever needing a hand and I'm available.
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona