classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

BoyHowdy

My truck pictured is a 1983 F100 I bought 36 years ago when I graduated High School. I’ve owned it 36 years now and my father’s name is actually still on the title from where he co-signed for the loan. It was my primary driver until my son learned to drive. He drove the truck until he purchased his first vehicle.
The truck originally had a 232 V6 that wouldn’t pull the hat off your head. I later replaced that with a 302 I pulled from a Thunderbird. That engine had over 300,000 miles before it laid down. Last year I bought a 302 from a Crown Vic my friend was going to use as a derby car and began my first build. Listed below is a list of some of the things I’ve done to the engine.

Machined and bored.
Magnum 215/215 Hydraulic Roller Cam and Lifter Kit for Ford 221-302
White Performance Aluminum Heads
Holley Sniper EFI with HyperSpark ignition, coil and distributor.
Thrush Rattler exhaust
CFV Pulley System
Wayne's 1983 F100 Mild 302/ Comp Cam/ White Performance Racing Aluminum Heads/ Holley Sniper EFI/ Thrust Rattler Exhaust located in NE Arkansas
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined.  

Very nice truck, and a wonderful story.  You'll have to start a thread on it in the main section and tell us all about it.  Plus, let us know how you like the EFI system.  And pics of the pulley system, engine, et al.

Where's home?  I ask because we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if you'd like.  We don't put addresses, but just your town/city.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

BoyHowdy
Hometown-Leachville Arkansas

Right now loving the EFI. Only have 200 miles on the build. Couple of pictures during build and instillation..
Wayne's 1983 F100 Mild 302/ Comp Cam/ White Performance Racing Aluminum Heads/ Holley Sniper EFI/ Thrust Rattler Exhaust located in NE Arkansas
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now on the map.

By the way, you should consider a signature.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by BoyHowdy
Welcome, to what is fast becoming the Flareside Owners Group.   

Hope you find the info and camaraderie you want here.
It's a great place.  (at least I think so)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by BoyHowdy
YES! Another flareside!!! Hahaha....

Welcome to the Forum!

Im considering relocating to Arkansas in a few years. Wife is from Broken Arrow, we are in Louisville KY now. We are visiting Heber Springs for spring break in 2020.

1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed