classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
mq
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

mq
Hello. I'm the proud new owner of an '85 F250 I6 300.  My first Bullnose. Came across this forum while looking for belt diagrams. Primary use will be a plow and woods truck. I have pretty basic mechanic skills so looking forward to this group helping me keep her runnin' smooth. I'm in Missoula, MT. Cheers!
'85 F250 I6 300
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by mq
Yes, welcome!  You'll have to show some pics of your truck or we may not believe you.  

We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I can add you if you'd like.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Welcome to the group!
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
mq
Reply | Threaded
|

mq
Thanks all. Here are some larger pics. Yes, go ahead and add me to the map. Looks like I'm the lone Montanan so far! As I said, I'm pretty low with my mechanic knowledge, tools, etc. so get ready for some silly questions.  But I'm going to abandon my manly pride and ask 'em because I need to keep this beauty healthy. I'm quickly acquiring the dreaded BAS! (Bullnose Addiction Syndrome). And maybe my daughter will keep the tradition alive. She loves it already. That's her in the passenger seat in her child seat in one of the pics. Thanks again!

'85 F250 I6 300
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Oh, what's the white stuff on the ground?  How's the truck do in that?

As for BAS, you are in good company.  Lots and lots of it around.  I have 2 35/6's Bullnoses.  (I have two "complete" trucks and parts from many, many others.)

And there's no stupid question except for that unasked.  But, I wish there were stupid questions as I have a ton of stupid answers.  

Seriously, none of us were born knowing what we know.  Some, like me, are late comers to the Bullnose trucks, and others have been around them much longer.  But we all love to help others, so you are in the right place.

And, it is wonderful if your daughter wants to help on your truck.  That would be awesome!

By the way, you are on the map.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Jaydog
Welcome!
Jay, but my friends call me...Jay.
1986 F-150
4.9L stick
150,000 miles
mq
Reply | Threaded
|

mq
Ah, yes, the white stuff. Well, that's the primary reason for acquiring the truck! I only drove it briefly in the snow but the truck handled it just fine. We live at about 4700 feet elevation and have steep and winding road to the house and the 4 wheel drive did its job well. There's pretty good tread on the tires, too.

Thanks for all the welcomes and I'm eager to get started on the truck. So, where's the best place for me to begin asking questions? Start a "Project" thread or keep posting here on this thread, or somewhere else?
'85 F250 I6 300
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You might want to read this post, or the thread: http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Forum-Structure-amp-Etiquette-td27917.html.  In it I tried to explain the rationale for what the different folders were created for.  But, you can use them however you'd like.

Having said that, the Project folder is the only one where you can lock the thread so others cannot post.  As said in that post, I am using that feature to plan out changes for Big Blue.  But, if you are not going to lock the thread I'd just post in the main section as more people will probably see it.

Anyway, I can see the need for the truck at your elevation.  Must make for cold winters!