classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Member, Almost Finished Restoration

TheBadTimingClub
Hi All,

My wife and I bought a 1986 F250 last fall, and have spent the last few months restoring it. The truck was a barn find with 35k on it, but was in terrible shape from sitting so long. We ended up redoing just about everything but the interior, which was in great shape.

If you want to see the project, we have been posting some videos to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q238etZ8n_s

Here is about where it is now:

Thanks for all the great info!
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Member, Almost Finished Restoration

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Hi, and welcome!  

I'll be answering your Q in a second.

Love that color combo!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by TheBadTimingClub
TheBadTimingClub wrote
Hi All,

My wife and I bought a 1986 F250 last fall, and have spent the last few months restoring it. The truck was a barn find with 35k on it, but was in terrible shape from sitting so long.
I'd say that thing was in great condition for a northern US truck...the low mileage preserved it well.

A tip of the hat to you guys for putting your own tires on the rims...haha, that's a great job.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Nice. Welcome!
Reply | Threaded
|

TheBadTimingClub
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Thanks. It turned out to be in a lot worse shape than we thought at first. The cab and bed were good but just about everything else was rusted and everything rubber was so dried out it has needed replacing.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by TheBadTimingClub
Welcome to the forum! (Sorry I'm late to the party, but I've been on a cruise with the family and there was NO internet coverage.)

That's a nice looking truck! Lots and lots of good work. And I really like the video, which I'm going to embed below to make it easier for others to find. But, this says it is Part 8. I've not looked for them, but perhaps you want to share the others on here as well? If so, you can do it via the link approach you used, or I can walk you through how to do it as I've done.

Also, we have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) in the menu and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Can you add me?
I already gave you my location.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, your location was buried in the volumes of email.  I new I'd seen it, but couldn't process it when I did 'cause it isn't easy to edit the map via the iPhone.

But, I eventually found it and you are now on the map.  See what you think, please.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI