classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

New Assistant Admin - Jim!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Many thanks to Jim/ArdWrknTrk for agreeing to be an assistant admin.  (Basically he can do about anything an admin can do but edit the code that generates these pages.)

THANK YOU, JIM!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: New Assistant Admin - Jim!

Dorsai
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I'm humbled.  
But when Gary asked if I could help I thought about all this forum has done for me.

"Ask not what your forum can do for you, but, what you can do for your forum"

I'll do my best to handle a few of the mundane tasks while I get a grip on my new powers and responsibilities.  
Like greeting and engaging new users.

And I'll poke around behind the scenes to get a better understanding of things under the hood.

Thanks for the vote of faith, Gary!
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - I have complete faith in you.   But what I am wondering about is me.  Why don't you show as Assistant Admin?  I show as Admin.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Tap, tap, tap...

Hey, is this Mic on?  

Gary, what do I need to do on my end to see if this worked?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Go through the steps in the email and see if you can at least see someone's "groups".  I wouldn't suggest taking membership away, but you should be able to at least see the membership.

And, see if you can peer into the Quarantined Posts & Threads folder to see what's in there.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary i clicked your name and the only thing different I see is the option to 'ban this user'

I've gotta say, I was tempted.  

When I look at the quarantined posts thread nothing seems different.

(I did see your groups)
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Badges???

WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!!!!   🤠
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
When you click my name, or any name, you don't see the option to Add/Remove Groups?  If not lets give it over night and see what happens.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Nope
Just the send email and ban options.

Let me try Matthew, since you're above in the hierarchy.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I SEE his groups, but no option to add or remove.

I guess my wings are clipped.  

But that's a GOOD thing, because I can't screw up what I don't have.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Gary,
It occurred to me to look at my own profile...

Waddya know? It does say that one of my groups is assistant admin!

I also note I can't ban myself.        

So obviously I have SOME power, but not the ultimate power.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jim - I just made you an Admin.  Lets see if that shows up.  We've not used the Assistant Admin function, so maybe it is not working?

Yup, you show as Administrator.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Okay,
Now I see add or remove groups.
Edit profile.

And in this edit window I see to move or delete posts.

I'm a humble man....

I don't want no stinkin' badges!
But I'll play along, for you.  
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok, then you shall be an Admin.  It carries with it the ability to edit thing via the link at the bottom of the page, so please don't do that.

And, you can create folders and sub-folders, but please don't do that either until we talk about it.  The issue there is that what we have isn't quite logical to a newbie and we need to sort that before creating more.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I don't want to touch a darn thing.

You're doing too good a job cobbling this together and patching all the sucking wounds in nabble.
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Muahhhhaha!    

Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
ArdWrknTrk wrote
Muahhhhaha!    
We took the pirate smiley away!  And it would have been perfect for this.  

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Good selection, Gary!