classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
32 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Name Change - The Bullnose Bible?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Back in 2016, over on another forum, Cienega32 said he's calling our website the Bullnose Bible.  As I said at the time, I like the term.

I recently mentioned it to someone, and then got to wondering if anyone else was using it.  A Google search proved that they aren't.  So I just temporarily changed the name from "Gary's Garagemahal" to "Bullnose Bible".  (It is a very simple change and I can easily put it back.)

But, I'd like your thoughts on it.  And toward that end, I've created a poll.  Please vote as well as tell me in words what you think.

Note that this only changes what shows at the top of the page.  It does not change the URL.  And it does not change the name of the forum - Bullnose Enthusiasts.  

What should the name of the website, not the forum, be?
This poll is closed.   
This poll ended on .
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Name Change - The Bullnose Bible?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
While I appreciate that 4 of y'all have voted, and so far 100% for Bullnose Bible, no one has commented as to why.  Comments are not required, but they might be helpful for others to understand your thinking and, therefore, sway your vote.

My thinking:

Gary's Garagemahal doesn't explain what the site is all about - Bullnose documentation.  Plus, it sounds "highfalutin", and that seems at odds with "old trucks".  But my shop can still be the Garagemahal.

Bullnose Bible explains what the site is mainly about - documentation for Bullnose trucks.

And, by the way, I haven't voted.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
My thinking was basically what you said. It’s more descriptive. For the first time visitor who does not know who Gary is, or the story of the Garagemahal, it is also easier to remember and easier to tell others about. It also sets a nice tone for helping one another 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I voted Gary's Garagemahal. I like it because it's the original name.

I found your website and FTE, and I don't recall hearing the term Bullnose, Bricknose or Aeronose.

My vote and input, but your site, do as you see fit. I'll enjoy!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

farmboy60
With all the info you have put together it is like  a bible,to us bullnose owners  oh great one i will make a sacrifice to the great bullnose god lol
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Farmboy60 - I know you meant that in jest, but just to be clear, the Oxford Dictionary says that "bible" means several things, and one of them is:

1.3  informal: A book regarded as authoritative in a particular sphere.

And that, the informal definition, is the one I'm using.

Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
In reply to this post by grumpin
grumpin wrote
I voted Gary's Garagemahal. I like it because it's the original name.

I found your website and FTE, and I don't recall hearing the term Bullnose, Bricknose or Aeronose.

My vote and input, but your site, do as you see fit. I'll enjoy!
I also went with Gary's but not so much because of the original name but who knows our year / body style truck as a Bull Nose?
I did not till I was on the other site and I have been around them when they were factory new.
I also think there has been some talk of the same on the other site, why are they called Bull Nose?

So take someone that knows vary little of fixing cars/trucks and you call it a Bull Nose how would they find the site?
I think when I was looking for information on mine I Google the year & model but was almost 3 years ago now.

Ford pick up's 80 - 86, aka Bull Nose @ Gary's Garagemahal.com
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I agree with that train of thought which is why I voted for it. It is rapidly becoming the "go to" resource for information on the 1980-86 trucks.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by FuzzFace2
Dave - The origins of the Bullnose moniker are documented on the Bullnose FAQ's page on the Origin Of "Bullnose" tab - right here in the Bullnose Bible/Gary's Garagemahal.  

Reply | Threaded
|

farmboy60
It was in jest gary, here in the east you say bullnose they know its a 1980 to 85 ford just saying, from the movie black mass
Reply | Threaded
|

farmboy60
sry 80 to 86
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
No problem.  I knew it was in jest.  Just wanted everyone to know what definition of "bible" I'm using.  

Oh, and while we are discussing the name I put both up there.  What do you think?

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Gary Lewis wrote
No problem.  I knew it was in jest.  Just wanted everyone to know what definition of "bible" I'm using.  

Oh, and while we are discussing the name I put both up there.  What do you think?
 Made me chuckle!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are easily amused.  

But, beyond the amusement, what are your thoughts?  

And, by the way, as of today if you Google "Bullnose Bible" you'll get 8 links, 7 of which are to here and the 8th is the FTE which then points to here.  And, as Google indexes the site further there will be more and more links as every page says "Bullnose Bible".

However, with the (Gary's Garagemahal) being there as well, anyone searching for that will also find it.

EDIT: We are up to 9 and 1 on the links Google finds, and that will change almost by the minute.  Soon all 425+ pages will show up.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Jochen1964
I voted for Gary´s Garagemahal. Basically I couldn´t care less about the packaging (name) as long as the content remains superior. I just feel that this should carry your name Gary since you are not only the webmaster here but more the soul and brain of this depository and great platform of exchange
Mein Laster: 1986 Ford F150 XL, 4WD, sgl cab, short bed, 302 EFI
Meine Katze: KTM 890 SMT
Reply | Threaded
|

Gsmblue
I like how it is currently showing

THE BULLNOSE BIBLE  
(GARY'S GARAGEMAHAL)

I think it covers all the bases :)
1985.5 F-150 XL Explorer standard cab 5.0 EFI AOD 4x4
Daily Driver. We call her Eunice the Ute.

1982 Bronco XLT Lariat 351W AOD 4x4
Code name Esperanza, or Espy to her friends. Please see my Project thread for the blow by blow.

1984 F-350 XL Centurion crew cab 460 T19 4x4
"Eylza Dual-little"
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
I voted for Gary's Garagemahal. I feel uncomfortable with linking anything with the title of what I believe to be a very special book.

Are you planning to use a capital "B"?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
David - It doesn't allow me to chose the case of the characters, as all are forced upper case.  It is actually typed in as "Bullnose bible" but comes out as "BULLNOSE BIBLE".  I've tried various ways to change that, but haven't figured out, yet, what to do to fix/change it.  

But I'll keep looking.

Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
How about if you placed the word "bible" in quotes?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That worked, but I don't particularly like it as I think it'll cause problems with Google searches.  Right now "gary's garage mahal" is the top thing that is the top thing that is found on the site, but I'm afraid that the quotes in Bullnose "Bible" will through Google off.  However, we can leave it that way and see.

Meanwhile I'll do more research on what is causing the site name to be all caps.  There some CSS coding somewhere and if I can find it I should be able to modify it.  That would let me do Bullnose bible.