NOS Fuel Tank Selector Switch

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
12 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NOS Fuel Tank Selector Switch

fords4life
Picked this up at a swap meet but I have a 6 pin switch, not the 5 pin. Just looking to get what I paid.  $15+shipping or trade for something for my 86.  

1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NOS Fuel Tank Selector Switch

fords4life
This never sold so I’m digging it back up.  I still have it and it’s ready to go to a good home.
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

delco1946
Do you know what models it fits or is made for?
Christopher in Portland Or. 1981 F250 Ranger XLT 4x4 trailer special 351M, and auto C6
Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
I believe it is for a 73-79 F-Series.
Reply | Threaded
|

Aerocoupe
So I posted a link to this on another forum (www.for-trucks.com) in their 73-79 specific sub-forum and here is what one of the members who is a retired for parts guy had to say:

No such thing as a 1973/79 fuel tank selector switch!

1973/74 has a manually operated fuel tank selector valve located adjacent to the drivers side of the seat.

The selector switch located in the heater control panel only changes the dash fuel gauge from one tank to the other.

D3TZ-9A050-A .. Selector Switch 3 terminals - marked: D3TB-9A050-AA / Obsolete
     --------------------
     1975/79 has a fuel tank selector valve and solenoid assy located on the cross member.

The selector switch located in the heater control panel switches the tanks and the dash fuel gauge from one tank to the other.

D5TZ-9A050-A .. Selector Switch 5 terminals - marked D5TB-9A050-A / Obsolete

From this it appears it will work for 75-79 and it will switch the tanks and fuel gauge between the tank sending units.

Hope that helps.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good info!  Thanks.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Aerocoupe
fords4life,

Sent you an email with a prospective buyer.
Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
Thank you.  I’ll look for it.  Was out of town for work the last few days.
Reply | Threaded
|

Ozzie H.
In reply to this post by fords4life
I'm interested in your switch if it's still for sale.
1976 F-250; standard cab; 2 Wheel drive; 460; C6
Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
My apologies to you both.  I've been mostly disconnected for the 5 days.  Ozzie, I got your email first so you have first stab at it if you still want it.  I'll email you my info.

Thanks,
Nathan
Reply | Threaded
|

Ozzie H.
Thanks. I'm still interested.

Ozzie
1976 F-250; standard cab; 2 Wheel drive; 460; C6
Reply | Threaded
|