NEW MEMBER DOING A LITTLE BRAGING!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NEW MEMBER DOING A LITTLE BRAGING!

RETIREDRACERROGER
   HELLO TO ALL ON BULLNOSE FORUM, MY  NAME IS ROGER AND I WILL GO BY RETIREDRACERROGER. I HAPPENED ACROSS YOUR FORUM FROM ANOTHER FORUM CALLED (OILBUNERS.NET) THEY ARE DEDICATED TO DIESELS. I AM 76 ALMOST 77 <FEB 2020> FROM OHIO, AN EX DRAGRACER, I RAN A PONTIAC ASTRE (VEGA) CHROME MOLY TUBE CHASSIS , 406 CU.IN PONTIAC ENGINE , DANA 60 REAR STRUT FRONT END WITH A 4 SPEED LENCO TRANS. AND HOLLEY 750 CARB. I BUILT IT AND RACED IN THE LATE ' 70'S AND EARLY 80'S. THE CAR RAN IN THE 9:40's @ AROUND 140-144 MPH. I DO NOT RACE ANYMORE BUT STILL HAVE MY TRUCK THAT I TOWED IT WITH!  I BOUGHT (STINKY 6.9) BRAND NEW IN 1983, IT HAS 56,000 ORIGINAL MILES ( DON'T DRIVE IT MUCH) STORE IT IN MY GARAGE MOST OF THE TIME! IT IS A F350 DUALLY 2 DOOR STYLE SIDE , AC, CRUISE, POWER WINDOWS,STEERING   DOOR LOCKS, BRAKES  6.9 170 HP.DIESEL, TWO TONE TEAL PAINT COLOR AND WOULD SAY IN PRISTINE OR AT LEAST EXCELLENT COND. BEING THAT IT HAS ITS 37 YEAR OLD BIRTHDAY COMING UP!  
     To Get Serious for a Second, I do have a Problem: Rear Tank Fuel Sending Unit for this Truck. The Part Number is (E3TZ 9275E) This Sender is STAND ALONE, NO ELECTRIC PUMP IN TANK! I believe only '83 @ '84. This unit is obsolete and no one sells it. I did send it to a rebuilder in N.Y. His name is DAN O'HARA.@ TRISTARR RADIATOR he calls himself (THE FUEL SENDER GUY).  THE Sender worked off and on for about 4 months, never too accurate. but with the time lapse of me storing the truck and his bad REVIEWS, I Won't even bother to contact him!! Thanks for listening to me rant and if Anyone can help Please message me.

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NEW MEMBER DOING A LITTLE BRAGING!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you joined, and glad to meet you.  But, I'll warn you that you may be the oldest person on here.  I'm 72 1/2 and we have a couple a bit older than I am, but you may take the cake.  

We have other members from Oilburners, I think.  I believe Jonathan/Ford F834 is a member there.  And, probably others as well.

That's quite the truck!  And you bought it new?  Cool!  And I like your drag racing story.

On the sender, I agree you have the right part number.  But I don't know of a source, although perhaps someone else does.  But you could swap the resistance piece from another Bullnose sender onto yours and I'd expect that to fix it.  All Bullnose senders have the same resistance range, so they would work.

So, where's home?  We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a city.

Oh, and a signature outlining your truck will help us help you w/o asking lots of questions each time.  

Welcome!
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

RETIREDRACERROGER
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
   Thanks Gary, I Live in EUCLID, OHIO ! Euclid sits (East) and right next to Cleveland, 0n the shores of Lake Erie
    MY TRUCK!  Not to Sure what your asking me in regards to the Statistics of my truck> But here goes!

(1) 1983 f350 (1ton) 6.9 International diesel 420 cu. in. 170 HP , C6 Automatic Trans.
     (2) 2 door XL, Dually, 133 inch wheel base, 8 ft. bed, 3:54 rear  gear
     (3) 19 gallon mid ship fuel tank and 19 gallon rear tank (behind axle) >Diesel Fuel<
     (4) electric brake controller (under dash) with Reese style removable 3 point Hitch
     (5) (56,367.) original miles , no accidents (Garaged from late OCT. to mid MAY)

Gary, thanks for your Like on my drag race car, It took me 2 1/2 years to built. Never Again

P.S. Any other Questions or Profile stuff, Please Message Me!

REGARDS,
                  ROGER

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Roger - You are now on the map.  Check it out: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/members-map.html

As for what I'm asking is for you to put some of the info that you just outlined about your truck in a "signature".  A screen shot of mine is shown below so you can see for sure what I'm talking about.

To create a signature do this:

- Click on your name right above your avatar on the left of the message
- Click on Account Settings
- Click on Edit Your Signature
- Type in what you want it to say

You might want to look at what others have done with their sigs, but basically the pertinent points about your truck so we don't have to ask questions.  For instance the "1983 F350 6.9 w/a C6, 3.54 gears" bit would be a big help.  The dually and regular cab would help as well.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Ray Cecil
In reply to this post by RETIREDRACERROGER
Welcome Roger! Glad to have another Golden Era guy on here!!! hahaha. Us younger guys like to poke the older guys from time to time! I'm 33, down in Kentucky. Looking forward to your knowledge contribution, war stories, and participation in the forum.
1988 F250 Supercab Longbed 7.3 IDI, C6, 1356, GEARVENDORS, 4.10 Sterling with autolocker

1986 F150 302, C6, 9" 2.75, Wood Flatbed

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
Ray Cecil wrote
Welcome Roger! Glad to have another Golden Era guy on here!!! hahaha. Us younger guys like to poke the older guys from time to time! I'm 33, down in Kentucky. Looking forward to your knowledge contribution, war stories, and participation in the forum.
+1 to that.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew