NC update & bed liner

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

NC update & bed liner

Custer
Greetings to all! A special “Thank you” to all that weighed in on what I should do to my truck bed. The bed of my ’84 F150 was in pretty rough shape. I was conflicted on a type bed liner as I am committed as much as possible to keeping this original and spraying one in seemed invasive. Thanks to the group I finally got my brain wrapped around spraying in a color matched Raptor liner and I cannot even begin to say how happy I am with it. I have enclosed some pictures of how it turned out. (if they are still sideways I apologize.)

A little background on the truck…I have had it for about two months. It has 53,000 miles on it and spent a decade or two in a garage. I am blessed to have found one so original. It still wears a shiny coat of factory Copper Glow paint! But, with that originality came some fun. First up; when I started driving it every fluid in it started spilling out from dry cork gaskets circa 1984. Since then I have gone from one end to the other mechanically, which included brakes, balancing a drive shaft, converting the A/C over, and a tune up that included replacing the original spark plugs along with wires, etc. Of course, then it starts bouncing as I drive it, so off I go for shocks. During the shock replacement I find a dry rotted original spare so that had to go. Perhaps best of all however in this early journey was getting the dash lights up and running. What a wonderful soft glow!

At any rate, I’m going to keep marching through this old truck piece by piece and despite all the locals telling me I’m nuts for driving it, I figure that is what it was built for and its fun to drive. I’m threatening a road trip to Montana (2,180 miles away) this summer, I’ll let everyone know how that goes.
Again, thanks for the bed liner help.

Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: NC update & bed liner

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Paul - That bed liner looks great!  It covers and yet matches.  Well done.  

And if you are looking for a road trip this autumn, the Garagemahal Ford Truck Show & Swap Meet will be on September 21st in Skiatook, OK.  Several on this forum are planning to be here, so please plan to come!  We'd like to see your truck.

On the pics, do you want me to rotate them for you?  You can either email them to me or I can rotate the ones in your post.  Your call.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Custer
please rotate. thanks
Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Here they are.  And I forced them to 66% of the screen width so they are easier to see.  But, these are low res pics, so if you want higher res then send them to me via email.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
That turned out nice!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Custer
Well done!
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

scbill
Looks really good.

Your truck looks like a long (8') bed, how many bottles did it take to do it? Gonna do mine with it.

Bill
1983 F100 XL 300, 6 cyl, aod, long bed
1961 E100 pickup, 289,C4
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by Custer
Very nice! 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Custer
In reply to this post by scbill
Not sure.  Had it done by a restoration shop. I'll find out.
Custer
North Carolina
Paul.mypc@yahoo.com
Reply | Threaded
|

scbill
Custer, The website states, 125 sq ft, should be enough with a little left, (that's the 4 pack). Trying to think of something I could use the leftover for, also don't know what the window is for using the leftover, maybe just use it for extra coat on the bed floor.
1983 F100 XL 300, 6 cyl, aod, long bed
1961 E100 pickup, 289,C4