classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mystery power brake booster with master cylinder

stevenscoffee
Hey guys,

I have had a brand new, still in the box, brake booster with master cylinder floating around my garage since 2005. Back hen I had a 1979 Bronco, I found some thread that explained how to upgrade the breaking system with this booster. This booster was never intended for the Bronco but apparently was a direct fit. Well the bronco is long gone except for this booster that I want to do something with. Tried looking up the part number but can’t find anything.
Can you guys help me with what ever it is I have here?

Thanks

1985 F150 short bed
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mystery power brake booster with master cylinder

stevenscoffee
Well just like that, I figured it out!
it’s for a 78 or 79 F250 or F350

Now what do i do with it?
1985 F150 short bed
Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Sell it, I doubt it will work on these trucks, but if you're bored, let us know if it will. Haha.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Here's what the MPC says for the part numbers.  Unfortunately none of the Bullnose use any "D" prefixed boosters.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by stevenscoffee
Come join us in the great hydroboost debate????  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.