classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

My 85 F-250 Project

Darksidesm
This post was updated on .
I will try and post everything I am doing. Although it might not be very entertaining.  Lol.

Here are some exterior pics.

Here's the engine. Chech out the paint!

Here's the interior. Not bad at all.

My 1st task is to get the battery checked and charged and get the old gas out.
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: My 85 F-250 Project

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Wow!  That's a very nice truck!  

As for the posts, we love them.  Bring them on!

On the pics, are you ok with editing posts?  I can tell you how to edit your post and insert a "width" statement so the pics come out as big as is possible.

And on rotated pics, you have to open them in an editing app and then save them.  That usually rotates them using the metadata embedded in them.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
This post was updated on .
Thanks!

I dont mind editing posts. I dont understand the pics. They all show straight up when I view them on my phone? I insert them using the medium size option. Should I use a different one?

Oh and I forgot to post my books!
These 2 came with the truck.

This one took me forever to find.

The rest I got on ebay.

Got them rotated.
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Pics taken with modern cameras have "metadata" embedded in the file, and that gives the rotation of the camera when the pic was taken.  But many forums don't have the smarts to decode that info, so pics frequently come out rotated incorrectly.  You can fix that by opening the pic in some software, like Photoshop or somesuch, which does read the metadata.  Then, if you save the pic it usually updates the orientation such that it'll display correctly in a forum.

As for the width of the pic, edit the text that is created when you "Insert" it to include   width = "100%".

For instance, the text for one of my pics looks like   nabble_img src="P-18855.jpg" border="0" width = "100%"/  without the "<" and ">" on the ends.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
I got the pics rotated. Thanks

I will have to play with the width on my computer. It's a pain on my phone. Do the pics show up really small? On my phone they are huge.
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I use the None option to make it as big as possible.  But if that doesn't work I think you might want to try the Big option.  As you can see below, they are about 1/2 of what they could be.

Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
I will try the big option next time.

Well I got the battery pulled out today and I killed some bees nesting in my truck. Anyone have any thoughts to keep the bees away? I knocked a nest down this morning and they were rebuilding this evening. I was going to spray a vinegar solution. I read they dont like the smell. Any other thoughts?
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Here there are lots of burgeoning bee keepers, and if you were to call one they'd happily come over and take the hive.

Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
Well the problem is these aren't honey bees. These are wasps Hornets and yellow jackets.
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's a different story entirely.  In that case, the hornet/wasp spray that shoots a jet of foam would be my choice.  I used it the other day and it was pretty effective.

Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
Yeah. I went through 2 cans. Lol. I sprayed one nest this morning. This evening there was a pile of them on the ground and a couple were back building the nest. I've sprayed and knocked down 2 today under my hood in the same spot. These little suckers are persistent.
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
Ok. Sorry my project is not very exciting. Lol.

I got my auxiliary battery removed with help from people here. Thanks.

I got it started up and moved it to the side of my house behind a gate. Now I can have peace and quiet when I work on it. To get it in I had about 2.5 inches from each mirror to the fence post. Took a few back and forths to get it lined up but I managed to not hit anything. And no fire from the wiring. Lol

Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Now that you have it where you want it maybe things will go a little faster. At least it is secure.

Good job removing the auxiliary battery. Do you think you might want to put it back some day?  If not you might consider removing the mount, tray, relay, etc and selling them as someone else might want an auxiliary battery.

Reply | Threaded
|

Darksidesm
I'm sure it will go faster. When it was outside I had to work like 3 feet from a sidewalk on street with a lot of people passing by. Every time I needed a tool I didn't have I had to gather everything up and go to the back yard and into the garage. Growing up in Phoenix and Las Vegas I dont leave anything out of my direct sight.

I decided to hold on to the auxiliary parts for now. I might someday decide I want it back in.

I was thinking of repurposing the battery holder by securing a small metal tool box in there. That away I will always have tools and dont have to worry about someone breaking a window to steal them.
Justin
1985 Ford F-250 460 V8
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
In reply to this post by Darksidesm
Darksidesm wrote
Ok. Sorry my project is not very exciting. Lol.
That's OK, I think for a lot of us these are longer term projects so the thread updates can be few and far between.

Truck looks good in the pics.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by Darksidesm
Yes, having to gather things up to go get another tool would be a serious time waster.  Should be lots faster now.

As for a tool box, you might also look for one of the factory underhood toolboxes.  It can't be used with the aux battery so you'd have to chose which one.  But, it looks cool and is very functional.