classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Mustang Wristwatch

85lebaront2
Administrator
I was given a Mustang Wristwatch a number of years ago by my late wife. Possibly in 1994 on the Mustang's 30th birthday. There is no manufacturer's name just the number 131 and the information on being officially licensed by Ford.

If anyone has an information about it I can't find the instructions nor remember how to properly set the date and weekday without getting them out of sequence.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Mustang Wristwatch

1986F150Six
Administrator
Cool watch and wonderful gift!

I have done a search and did not even find a photo to match yours. Regarding setting it, perhaps Vinny will see this. He has past experience as a watch maker and perhaps will be able to assist you. I bet he can! He is a member of this forum and was at the Truck Show in Skiatook, last year.
Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
That is a cool watch!

Are those 4 dots around the case buttons? Meaning, can you push those to set different functions?
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
For a watchmaker, it is usually trial and error, nobody saved the instructions if they had them.  Don't force anything.  
wind-up ?
automatic wind ?

When you pull the Crown/Stem out, it might come out two positions, one for setting the time and 24 hour indicator, another notch for setting the day of the week/month, or the other way around.

Turning one direction for one setting, and the other direction for another setting.

Take a look at this video; example
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsc5PXR9DPg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZu6wxCVjaE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP1K6LeD_xU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiSnulv516E
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Vinny. it has a Japanese made electronic movement. The 4 buttons around it are just part of the case.

This morning I noticed it had stopped and was trying to move, second hand would twitch forward then drop back. Since we were on our way to Pocomoke City and Salisbury MD today I took it with me, and left it to be cleaned and checked. It will cost $72 but should be worth it. Best guess is 25 years old as it was probably purchased in 1994 during the Mustang's 30th anniversary.

The place I left it with mentioned probably being a two step pull on the stem, and it may well be that way. In any event they send it to a central facility with a clean room (familiar with those from USN reactor work) and it will be 6-8 weeks depending on their work load. Since we only go up there every 4 weeks, it will be 8 weeks.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

vjsimone
Yeah, dead battery as well.  Some electronic watches have a self-wider/automatic mech. that generates a voltage, no battery required..

There is one of those watch facilities in Lancaster PA..... One of my watchmaking instructors went to work there after the watchmaking school closed down.

Cool watch...
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
I had put a new battery in it, no visible corrosion from the old one, it was just dead. It is a cool watch, that's why I want to get it repaired.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile