The day I sent her away.  

4 Comments

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
grumpin grumpin
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Miss this truck.

Nice truck! You know I like the F O R D across the front of the hood!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Ford F834 Ford F834
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by salans7
Beautiful. I just love the 80/81 details. Was the driver side mirror changed between the two pics? The interior shot looks like it shows a 82+ mirror...
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Gary Lewis Gary Lewis
Reply | Threaded
|

I was sure you were going to miss that truck.  I seriously considered buying it to "keep it in the family".

But, you can create another one.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

salans7 salans7
Reply | Threaded
|

In reply to this post by Ford F834
Ford F834 wrote
Beautiful. I just love the 80/81 details. Was the driver side mirror changed between the two pics? The interior shot looks like it shows a 82+ mirror...
The interior pic is older than the side shot, so you are correct. I swapped the aero mirrors out for the correct 80-82 style.

Gary Lewis wrote
I was sure you were going to miss that truck.  I seriously considered buying it to "keep it in the family".

But, you can create another one.  
To be honest, if the new owner asked me to buy it back, I wouldn't. This new truck will be ten times what this truck was. But, I would love to have some of the parts again, like that interior and most of the body. I'd also love to take back the ten years and thousands of dollars I poured into the truck with priorities that were out of line, but that's a lesson learned the hard way that I refuse to let myself make again.