437 messages Options
1234567 ... 22
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Merry Christmas! Documentation Is Ready

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I added another page today: Electrical/Sending Units.  Has the part numbers for the oil pressure and water/coolant temp sending units, as well as a link to the fuel level sending unit info.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Made some changes to the website today.  (Not the forum, but the larger website.)  

First, I created a new Picture Galleries section and put the following in it:

1983 Bronco Survivor: 46 pics
1984 Bronco XLT: 85 pics
1985 F-150 Survivor: 82 pics
Big Blue: 28 pics
Dad's Truck: This also has sub-pages with info on the engine, seats, etc.
Rusty: Several pics of the resurrection of this '81 F150.

Some may question why those aren't in the forum Pictures section, but the answer is simple - it is FAR easier to put them in picture galleries on the website since I can upload a whole folder full of pics with one click there.  Instead, on the forum it takes several clicks per pic.  

Then I added a page on the shroud that goes around the exhaust manifold to bring heat to the air cleaner at: Fuel Systems/Air Cleaners/Hot Air Shroud.

And, I added the rebuild instructions for the NP208 on the Driveline/Transfer Case page.  Unfortunately I missed two pages when I was scanning, so I hope to fix that problem tomorrow.  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I added the two pages to the NP208 service instructions, so they are good to go.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I guess I see where I rate.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You mean on your clips?  Or the vacuum diagrams?  Or both?  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Picture albums.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've been remiss at announcing the addition to the website of a couple more pages, with more on the way.  That's 'cause Vinny sent me several TSB's and I'm adding them to the site as I can find time.  The new pages are:

EEC-IV Diagnostics: A 33 page TSB that outlines a new procedure for testing.

Stall/No Start: A TSB on how to fix a TFI module that is causing a stall or no-start condition due to moisture.

The reason for the slowness is because I'm trying a new approach at posting things like this.  For the most part the pdf's I'm sent are pictures of pages of text, and you can't search pictures.  However, I have an OCR program that can turn pictures of text into text, and I'm running that against the pdf's.  That takes a lot of my time to verify what the program finds.  But, it means that as Google, Bing, and Yahoo crawl the site they'll find the actual text of the TSB's so others can find it when they need it.

Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added a couple more of Vinny's TSB's tonight:

EEC-IV TSB's: This is a summary of all the TSB's for the 1983 - 87 vehicles using the EEC-IV system.  This is a 26 page document that has seemingly every symptom you can imagine, a brief description of the fix, and the TSB # for the complete fix.

Radio Ignition Noise: Were you aware that Ford had a multi-spark ignition module for 1984 - 86 4.9L engines?  Check this out.

And, by the way, apparently "if you build it they will come" is correct.  In the previous post, which was yesterday, I'd just created the page on EEC-IV Diagnostics.  And in the last 24 hours that page has been viewed 95 times.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added the last of Vinny's recent TSB's: 4.9L Exhaust Manifold Warping.  This one is also OCR'd so Google will index it this evening and it should then be easily found.

Also, I updated the Documentation thread with the books I got in today from Mark/Dyn Blin (thanks again, Mark!) and the microfiche I ordered because of a link that David/1986F150Six sent me (thanks to you, David).  And, I included some cross-reference books/catalogs that Bill/Numberdummy brought me last fall.

However, that leads me to something I recently added to the Documentation thread: "Note that this is not a list of documentation that is available to check out or share. Instead, it is intended to give us an idea who might be able to answer a question when it comes up - when asked by an active member of this forum."  I added that because we aren't offering to give people the documentation as that would not be legal.  Instead, we are offering to answer questions with the documentation.  Further, my offer is to you, the members of this forum.  I simply do not have the hours in the day to help everyone, so am limiting my offer to "active" members of this forum.  But you can make your own call on whom you help.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Added a TSB for the EMISSIONS MAINTENANCE WARNING MODULE.  It is actually TSB 89-22-08 EMW/IMS Applications, and is on the page TSB's/EMW Module.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Added the TSB 88-05-14 for Low Oil Pressure.  One of Ford's "better ideas".  

Thanks, Dyn.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks to Vinny I added a page on adjusting the idle speed on EFI engines: Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/EFI Idle Speed Adjustment.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We've immortalized Luke's Big Blackie: Picture Galleries/Big Blackie.  I think there are more pics that we can add, soon.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've added two pages in the last two days so Bill can help others:

Cooling Systems/Elbows: That's what Ford calls the things that screw into the intake manifold to connect to the heater hose and provide fittings for temp senders.

Engines/385 Series: This page actually existed but had very little on it.  Bill wanted the part numbers for the oil filter adapter and some other associated parts, so I added illustrations & part #'s for them as well as the oil cooler.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks to Vinny we have new Carter YF/YFA documentation: Fuel Systems/Carburetors, Chokes, & EFI/Carter YFA 1BBL.  See tab Exploded Views & Part #'s.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've realized that the only interior illustrations and part number info that I have is on page Interior/Rear Corner Trim.  It has the Regular Cab trim illustration as well as some part number info.  However, it doesn't have any info for SuperCabs, Crew Cabs, or Broncos.  Nor does it have other trim info like carpet or dash insulators.

Given that, I've started a new page (Interior/Interior Trim) and have added illustrations for the missing things.  And, I will transfer the part number info from the previous page as well as add part #'s for the newly-added items.

And, when that's done I'll hide the original page and redirect any links to the new page.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Made some fairly significant additions to the website today.  I'm using a new approach, which is to put the PDF's on the page using embedded HTML and linking to the documents on my Google drive.  That does several things, but most importantly for the user is that it allows the full 600 bpi resolution to be seen.  So, you can click the "pop-out" button to open a document on a new page and then zoom in up to 4 times to get "up close and personal" with the document without it becoming blurry.

But, please give it a try and let me know what you think of the new approach.  And you could compare the 1982 F-Series brochure, which was done with just inserting pictures (jpg's), with the new 1983 F-Series brochure to see the difference between the old and new approaches.

Here are the additions:

1982 Dealer's Facts Organizer to the 1982 Literature page.

Addition of several things to the 1983 Literature page:

1983 Bronco brochure

1983 F-Series brochure

1983 Dealer's Fact Book, although it is missing the Options & Accessories pages for the moment

1983 Exterior Color Selections: The paint chip card

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Christmas in June 😀

“Thank-you Gary” is hardly enough... but Thank-you...

The files in Google drive work slick!!! I don’t know how that works on your end compared to hosting them on the website but the user experience seems great to me 👍
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks!  Learning to use Google Drive wasn't the easiest thing to do, but for my own edification as well as others, here's how it works:

Put the file on your Google Drive.  This can be a PDF, a Word doc, or whatever.

Open your Google Drive in a web browser and go to that file

Right-click on the file, click "Share", and change the permissions so that others can see it.  I use "Anyone with the link can view:.

Double-click the file, which opens it in the browser's window

Click the three-dots icon in the upper right & open the file in a new window

Click the three-dots icon in this window and click "Embed item".

Copy the HTML code that's in the box

Go to the page where it is to be displayed and paste the code.  Note - if using Weebly you must paste it in an Embed Code element.

One advantage of this approach is that whatever changes I make to the document get reflected on the web page automagically.  A disadvantage is that the Google Drive has to be maintained for the life of the website.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I added the 1985/86 Carburetors and Fuel Charging Assembly Adjustments book to the website today: Fuel Systems/1985-86 Fuel System Adjustments.  It is Ford's training manual for their tech's.

1234567 ... 22