16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Menu Has Changed

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In case you haven't been following along on the thread about this topic, the menu approach has changed.  

This is a trial to see how we like it.  So I'd like you input.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Menu Has Changed

salans7
Thumbs up from me. It's already much easier to navigate and less confusing when you're in a hurry.
Reply | Threaded
|

Dorsai
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Agreed, I like it.
Matthew
1980 F-150 Custom 2wd longbed, 300-6, C6, 2.75 rear axle
Atlanta GA
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Another thumbs up for the stripped down menu and header.

It seems to load faster on my marginal connection too.
I'm not sitting, watching the documentation options, waiting for the page to load
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good to know, guys.  Thanks.  But I just had a weird bobble where it went up instead of down.  Let's see what others say and how it works for a while longer.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Can you explain "up instead of down"?
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
so far it looks good..
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Much better sir! I was actually able to find things in a logical fashion.

This was using my desktop with 22" monitor.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by ArdWrknTrk
Jim - Up means the menu tried to expand above the word Documentation, while down means it expands below it.  Up doesn't work as there's no space there and all I saw was the bottom end of the menu.

All - Keep those cards and letters coming in.  I need to know if there are problems.  And it would help if you told me if you are on a phone, tablet, or computer.  That's because the menu will act differently on different widths of screen.

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Works fine on my Android phone and tablet
 Jim,
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Jim.

And it works well on both my iPhone X and my Windows 10 tablet.  In fact, on the iPhone it works in both landscape and portrait mode, where the old menu style only worked in landscape due to the width of it.

Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
I like the new menu, and it works well on my iPhone 🙂
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks, Jonathan.  And since your iPhone is running an older OS, that's different than my response.  

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
Gary Lewis wrote
Good to know, guys.  Thanks.  But I just had a weird bobble where it went up instead of down.  Let's see what others say and how it works for a while longer.
I can replicate this issue if I scroll down (menu disappears) but then scroll back up (menu appears). When you scroll back up and hit the Documentation section, it flips upwards rather than downwards. The Bullnose Forum tab however works as it should.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yep, that does it.  But, you can scroll up and use the Documentation menu - from the bottom up.

So, is that acceptable?

Reply | Threaded
|

salans7
I think it's fine, since clicking any of the links in the documentation menu will redirect to a new page anyway.