101 messages Options
1234 ... 6
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Member's Map?

Gary Lewis
Administrator
fords4life suggested in this post that we have a Member's Map. I'm willing to create it if there is enough interest in it.  And it would be fun seeing the map grow over time.

Having said that, I wouldn't recommend that anyone give their actual address.  You can see in his example that Steve Bricks used the address of the local police station.  But just giving the town in which you live would be adequate.

So, who is interested?  How does this fit with the Willing To Help thread in Resources?  Might this replace it, with different colored pins or icons to denote those who are willing to help as opposed to members?

I've created a sample map to show how this would go, and have included those that have said they are willing to help and gave a town.  (Jonathan and JMUBullnose didn't give towns so I didn't quite know what to show.)  And I've shown all of those with a green pin.  But, I've also included Branden/Bruno2 since I know he lives in Broken Arrow, but show his pin as blue since he hasn't yet said he will help.  (I think he would, but suspect he hasn't seen the thread.)

I really like this idea as it helps me remember people's names as well as locations.  But, if people don't want to participate then we can honor that, easily.  Anyway, please tell me what you think.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Member's Map?

NotEnoughTrucks
You found me!

I like it. This would be a great help towards any requests to assist with inspecting parts or vehicles.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yup.  I can type in Google Maps with the best of them.

Lots better than a listing, huh!?  And, it shows the reach the forum has.  If we can get agreement with our friends in New Zealand, Australia, and Germany it'll really start to look "big".  

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
I totally in for this!  Being from down here in the Dallas, TX area I don't get the chance to hang with the cool crowd up there.  
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Ford F834
Administrator
Neat Gary! I like it. You can put me on using Cottonwood AZ 86326. 🙂👍
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Howling.Wolf
Sure, go for it. 61440 Oberursel Gemany as easy as that.
 ´86 F150 5.0 EFI 4WD LWB
I belive in metrics. 😉
Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary,

You can add me to the map and willing to help list, although my location already dictates that I won't be much help to anybody...lol. I'm on the road quite a bit cover and area roughly 600 miles in diameter, so traveling is not really a problem if ever required.

I'm Cory in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

The Human Wrench
Gary, add me to the map list  Sparta, (Drag City) Missouri
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Ok guys, I've added all of you to the map.  But please go check it out.

Also, Cory/Rembrant is the only one that explicitly said to add him to the willing to help list.  I haven't done that in the Resources folder 'cause I'm thinking this is far better than that list and the map will supersede the list.  It should be far easier for people to figure out if there's a member close to where the item is, and it is much cooler.

I did turn Cory's pin green, meaning willing to help - although there's as yet no legend that explains the colors.  And, I turned Jonathan's pin green as he was already on the list.  However, the rest of you didn't say to add you to the list so I left your pins blue.  Note that I'm not pushing you to join the willing-to-help club.  I'm just explaining the reasoning for the color differences.

Anyway, please let me know if I did it correctly.  And, if you agree this can replace the willing-to-help list.

Reply | Threaded
|

Rembrant
Gary Lewis wrote
Also, Cory/Rembrant is the only one that explicitly said to add him to the willing to help list.  
I won't be much help to anybody in my location, but anything is possible. Call it a gesture;).

It's like calling something Gluten free when there was never any Gluten to begin with...lol.

1994 F150 4x2 Flareside. 5.0 w/MAF, 4R70W, stock.
1984 F150 4X2 Flareside. Mild 302 w/ 5spd. Sold.
1980 F150 4X4 Flareside. 300i6 w/ 5spd. Sold in 2021.
1980 F100 4X2 Flareside. 351w/2bbl w/NP435. Sold in 1995

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You may be surprised - Vince is in Mall Bay, Newfoundland.  I won't put him on the map until he gives me the green light, but he's listed in the Participants thread - including location.

Reply | Threaded
|

reamer
In reply to this post by Rembrant
Works for me!

Ashford CT
1986 F-150 Flareside 4x4, 351, 4-v, ZF5 speed. AC, Cruise, Tilt, Slider, Digital clock, Radio, Lariat seat, Pwr doors/locks
Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
Looks good.  I always thought these were fun.  Sometimes they surprise you and you find another member that was really close and you didn't know it.

Nathan
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by reamer
Ron - You are literally on the map.

All - I'm now questioning the Willing To Help bit.  It seems to say that those that don't sign up for that aren't willing to help, and I don't think that is the case.  They may just be reluctant to volunteer since they don't know what they'll get into.

What if we left that bit off and made everyone equal?  We could always click on the marker and then email them and ask.  Maybe they can help, depending on what it is and what they have going on, and maybe they can't.  But it won't hurt to ask as they can always say "I'm sorry, but I can't."

Also, I put the map on a page on the website so you don't have to look for the link.  It is on Bullnose Forum/Member's Map.  I might also be able to put it in the Resources tab, but the one above is dynamic, meaning if I make a change it'll show up on that page.  But I'm not sure that'll be true of one in the Resources tab.

Thoughts?

Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
I had the exact same thoughts Gary.
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks.  I've edited that post to add the bit about where I put the map, so don't miss that, Nathan.  And, do you want the map to show Nathaniel or Nathan?

Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
Nathaniel is fine......I really don't care....just don't call me late for dinner.  ;)
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator

Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
I'm in Northern KY and willing to help with what limited knowledge I have.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dennis - You didn't say where in northern Kentucky you are, so I picked Sparta.  But it is easy for me to move it to wherever you are if you'd like.

Thanks.

1234 ... 6