Member's Map?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
101 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Member's Map?

Pebcak
Hey Gary, You can move me to Decatur, TX that's just NW of Dallas?  Please and Thank You!

That way I'm closer to home..

Oh, and "Yes" I'm willing to help!  Usually I'm the one needing help but there will always be a first for me to be able to help someone else in person.  
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Done, Don.  (I originally thought about placing you in Plain 'O Texas.  I just can't help it, that's what I think ofwhen I see Plano.  And I also love "Humble Texas".  Yeah, right.  )
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I use to live near Humble also when I was near Houston.  It's actually spoken as Umble. The "H" is silent...

Plan 'ol Texas is near me now...  That's a good one that I didn't think of before.

I personally loved Cut and Shoot, TX!! 

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 13:43 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Done, Don.  (I originally thought about placing you in Plain 'O Texas.  I just can't help it, that's what I think ofwhen I see Plano.  And I also love "Humble Texas".  Yeah, right.  )
Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Member-s-Map-tp9368p9459.html
To unsubscribe from Member's Map?, click here.
NAML
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
We used to live in Katy so know how to say Umble.  But I still snicker when I say it.  

I've never been to Cut and Shoot, but have seen it on the map.  Gotta go some day.

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I use to work for Katy ISD!  I loved in Magnolia.

Glad I moved though.  I don't miss the humidity! 

Ever go to Kenny and Ziggy's in the Galleria? 

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018, 15:05 Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
We used to live in Katy so know how to say Umble.  But I still snicker when I say it.  

I've never been to Cut and Shoot, but have seen it on the map.  Gotta go some day.
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/soon-to-be ZF5/3.55's & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Member-s-Map-tp9368p9467.html
To unsubscribe from Member's Map?, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Yes, it is humid.  Haven't been to Kenny and Ziggy's, but have been to the Galleria.  We miss Dirty's, the Papa's restaurants (and the ones in IAH are not the same), and The Taste Of Texas.

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
Come down and visit cause we have them in the Dallas area.  Papa's, Papasito's, Pappas Burgers and Papadeaux's.

We decided on the Dallas area to settle in.  It's half way between Humidity/Hurricanes and Tornado alley.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Don - Sounds like eating heaven!

All - I think the Member's Map is here to stay.  So, I've made some changes to it:

First, I made an executive decision and did away with the Willing To Help label on the map so everyone is equal.  I suspect most, if not all, of us are willing to help and not having that label implies one isn't.

Second, given the map I'd like to do away with the listing of members on the Willing To Help thread. In fact, I think we ought to rename the thread Member's Map.  My thinking is that's the thread I'd like to use to have people sign up for being on the map.  But, I'd like to hear from y'all on that, please.

Third, I've put the map on a page on the website: Bullnose Forum/Member's Map 

Forth, I've played around with the width of the map on the Member's Map page: .  I now have it just about as wide as it can go w/o losing something - as far as I can tell.  So, please try it on various devices and see what you think.

Fifth, I've changed the link that comes up if you click on a person's pin.  Now, instead of going to the page about a person and from there having to click on the Email link, I've placed the email link within the pin.  So, there's one less step.  But, in doing so I realized that the email link cannot be used by non-members.  And, I like that as my priorities are to Bullnose Forum members.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Only issue I see, is if I click on the one over my name it takes me to Vinny's Buckroe Beach info??? If I blow it up and use the list, then it works perfectly, so that is the solution.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Whisler
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
Campbell county.
God Bless
Whisler

Frankenstein: 1989 F250 4X4, C-6, Hurst Pro-Matic 2 shifter, carbed '84 351W, Edelbrock manifold, Edlbrock AVS, DS2 ignition, 3G alternator, JBA shorty headers, no cats, dual exhaust with H pipe.
Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
What about the people from Oz?  Or are you waiting for more input/approval to post locations?

For the Map, is there a way to do something like a Member list on one of the sides for name/locations?  That might fix from having to zoom out if you're wanting to tweak it more.

Otherwise, it all looks good to me!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Dennis/Whisler - See if you are ok with the location Google chose for Campbell County.

Don/Pebcak - I'm not placing anyone on the map w/o their consent.  They may not want it shared, so I'll wait to do so until they say it is ok and, for that matter, what that location should be.

As for a list, have you tried clicking the icon on the very left of the header bar?  I'm trying to keep that list alphabetical based on first names or, if I don't know the first name, the "handle".

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
In reply to this post by 85lebaront2
Bill - I'm confused.  If I click on the pin that has your name beside it then it takes me to your info.  Please try it again, and refresh your page before you do.

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
When I tried on the map pin, it took me to Vinny's Buckroe beach location, if I enlarge the map, then I get the name table on the left side and that takes me directly to an enlarged Eastern Shore map, if Dan Lee lets you put his location, he is also "close" to me, but I can get there without any toll facilities or long water crossings.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I think I see the problem - the names are below the pin, so your name overlays Vinny's pin.  Click on your pin, the one right on where you live.  Is that a different pin than you've been clicking?

As for Dan, I'll contact the "irregulars", slowly, and see if I can get their permission to add them to the map.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Oz Econoline/F100
Hi Gary yes you can put us down for Sydney Australia
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
G'day mate, have you by any chance seen this car around there?

It used to be mine, but the current owner is in Sydney, Doug Westwood.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Beautiful car, Bill.  Bet you wish you still have it.

Just fyi, if Darin doesn't respond soon you can use his pin on the map to email him and ask him if he's seen the car.  And, it would be hard to forget that one.  

Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
Yes, as a matter of fact, Matt, and his brother and sister tried to track it down and get it back for me. It was a case of having 3 kids and needing the money so you let it go, my late wife actually left the house when it was picked up, I have given her the engagement ring in it. I had it for 11 years and had a lot of fun. BTW, it still has these on it:

Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

Reply | Threaded
|

beefman
You can put me on there.
Adam
Pollocksville, NC 28573
Grandpa's "Big Red" 1984 F150 XL
4x4, 302, C6, trying to get back in decent shape for a farm/pasture/hunting truck.

The New Red 2019 F150 XLT
4x4, 2.7L EcoBoost, Super Crew

The Big Truck 2017 F350 XLT
4x4, 6.7L PSD, Super Crew